Lucas or Landon

I gave birth to my son 11 weeks ago. His name is [name_m]William[/name_m] “[name_m]Liam[/name_m]” [name_m]Crawford[/name_m] (Last Name) III. [name_m]Way[/name_m] before I ever thought about being pregnant my husband and I knew if we would have a boy that we would pass his name down (which we did) so thinking up other boy names never came to mind. If our son had been girl the name we picked was [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Anne[/name_f] (still wasn’t 100% on which MN to pick)

So now I have some ideas for boy names for future number 2. Since we mostly call my son [name_m]Liam[/name_m], I thought another boy name that begins with “L” would be cute. My top picks are [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_m]Landon[/name_m]. My top middle name choice is [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] which is another family name which I think compliments [name_m]Liam[/name_m]'s middle name [name_m]Crawford[/name_m]. The only thing I worry about is are my choices weird since they are an alliteration ?

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] ( I"m leaning to this choice based on the sound of the names together)

Other middle name options I’ve considered are; [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

Any other ideas ?

Congratulations on [name_m]William[/name_m] : )

[name_m]William[/name_m] is such a traditional classic and I love the [name_m]Liam[/name_m] nickname for [name_m]William[/name_m] it’s a cool choice. I don’t think it would be strange to use another ‘L’ name nor limiting to future children’s names. If you wanted to move away from the ‘L’ theme as [name_m]Liam[/name_m] is actually [name_m]William[/name_m] so visually the sibling set wouldn’t be strange. However I do think that you need to use another traditional choice something like [name_m]William[/name_m] but with a cool nickname like [name_m]Liam[/name_m]. Therefore I think the names [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] & [name_m]Landon[/name_m] do not work they don’t have the same classic grandeur that [name_m]William[/name_m] has. [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] could work also it’s a family name like [name_m]William[/name_m] and has the same style of [name_m]William[/name_m] also the nicknames [name_m]Law[/name_m], [name_u]Ren[/name_u] and [name_f]Lori[/name_f] could work. I love the combination [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] so classic.
Other suggestions:
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]/[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Leo[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]/[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Leo[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Andy[/name_u]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Leander[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Lars[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Linc[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Locke[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Leo[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Xander[/name_m]’ ~ [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
But moving away from my grander suggestions above out of the two names you’ve mentioned my favourite is [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] it just feels more classic.

I like [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. I feel like [name_m]Landon[/name_m] is somewhat dated as the ones I’ve met were born in the 80’s and 90’s whereas [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] feels classic like [name_m]William[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], but think [name_m]Landon[/name_m] sounds better with [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. [name_m]Landon[/name_m] is a nice name, but it seems very 90s to me.

Ditto.

I know so many families with all “L” names. The two with all boys are [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], & [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] and [name_m]Landon[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], & [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

Are you against using [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] as a first name? [name_m]Law[/name_m]/[name_m]Lance[/name_m] as a nn would be cute. It’s classic like [name_m]William[/name_m], and very handsome.

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
It really sounds nice with all of your other mn options.

I prefer [name_m]Landon[/name_m], but [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] is a fine name too. The combo [name_m]Landon[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] sounds better to my ears than [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. This is due to [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] both starting and ending with the same sounds (L/S).