Lucia middle name

[name]Lucia[/name] (lou-sha) is one of our top pick names and we will likely wait to meet her before deciding… But I need help with pairing a middle name with [name]Lucia[/name].

For family tradition reasons I want to use [name]Marie[/name] in the middle but am open to an interpretation of [name]Marie[/name] as well.

Pretend my last name is Purple, as its not far off and the sounds work the same.

So…which do you like better:
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] Purple
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] Purple

Or others I haven’t thought of?

Thanks!

I really love [name]Marielle[/name], but I prefer [name]Marie[/name] with [name]Lucia[/name].

Here are a few “mar” names that match work okay and don’t end in A:
[name]Maribel[/name] -Very pretty match, but like Purple, it ends with an L sound if that bothers you.
[name]Marcheline[/name] -It’s a little matchy both having the “sh” sound, but I like it!
[name]Marine[/name] -Okay, so you have to like boats. And get past that it sounds like a dealership. But otherwise, there’s something really exotic and cool about [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marine[/name].
[name]Marlene[/name] -While considered uncool (maybe not, it is a “een” name), I think it works great.

I’d still say I like [name]Marie[/name] best! It kills me that it’s as popular of a mn as it is. Thanks to [name]Marie[/name] from The Aristocats, I’ve liked it since I was 2 or 3!

[name]EDIT[/name]: I’m sad now because I reread your post and realized your last name isn’t really Purple. That would be so cool! There’s the 3yo in my again; I always thought the ideal last name was [name]Lavender[/name]. I knew some people whose last name was [name]Diamond[/name] and thought it was just awesome.

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Margo[/name]

I think that [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] is my favorite!

[name]Hi[/name]! I love the name [name]Lucia[/name] … but I actually pronounce it the Italian way of lou-chee-a. Also, I am highly prone to Italian combinations … I like [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Paola[/name], [name]Elena[/name] [name]Lucia[/name], etc. I would go with [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] vs. [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] … but both are pretty.

Good luck and congratulations!!

Thanks Ladies!

Justhinkin, your post cracked me up! I kind of WISH my last name was as simple as Purple, LOL, it has a similiar sound and does start with P and end with L but its czech so it has a whole lot more consonants and only one vowel :slight_smile:

But the eastern european last name does go very well with [name]Lucia[/name] in my mind at least!

One other note: I am aware of all three pronounciations of [name]Lucia[/name]:
Italian: Loo-chee-a
Spanish: Loo-see-a
And engish: Loo-sha

We like Loo-sha best and feel that it is most common here in the states (think [name]St[/name]. [name]Lucia[/name] the island).

Thanks for the votes and keep em comin!

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] Purple

I love this- I think that [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] is gorgeous and just has the little extra something over [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (which is also lovely- love love love [name]Lucia[/name]).
[name]Marina[/name] could also be another option, but I really like [name]Marielle[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] has amazing flow, and I think [name]Marie[/name] is so classic and lovely.

I like [name]Marigold[/name] as an alternative … and agree with Justthinkin - Purple would be a fantastic last name!