Lucille or Lucinda?

See the results of this poll: Lucille or Lucinda for nickname Lucy?

Respondents: 32 (This poll is closed)

• Lucille : 15 (47%)
  • Lucinda: 17 (53%)

I think I prefer vintage [name]Lucille[/name] with your surname [name]Buchanan[/name]. [name]Lucinda[/name] is pretty but I think it’s a little too frilly. Here are some “O” suggestions for [name]Lucille[/name].

[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Odalys[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] Oleander
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Ophira[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Olga[/name]

[name]Lucinda[/name] is gorgeous and SO underused, yet she still has that today feell. I think her sibling should be [name]Amelia[/name].

Either one works for the nn [name]Lucy[/name]. I don’t like the name [name]Lucinda[/name] so I voted [name]Lucille[/name]. However I am a big fan of using family names so if I had read your post first I would have voted for [name]Lucinda[/name].

[name]Lucy[/name] is, of course, a perfectly legit standalone name that doesn’t require a longer form at all, but if you really want one, I just love [name]Lucinda[/name]. AND it’s a family name for you? Terrific! I think [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] has a very graceful rhythm.

If you’re casting about for other [name]Luc[/name]- names, you could look at [name]Lucienne[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name] (in any one of its pronunciations – lu-SEE-a, lu-CHEE-a, or LOO-sha). [name]Lucetta[/name] is a Shakespearean name with its own charm. But I prefer [name]Lucinda[/name] to any of them.

[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is great – I would definitely keep the middle short and crisp. I might like [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Alix[/name] even more, because the hard X sound gives the name a bit of an edge. Or possibly [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Agnes[/name].

I voted for [name]Lucinda[/name]. I think [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] sounds better than [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] and I like the family connection especially since it goes back many generations.

[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Arianna[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Odette[/name]

I voted for [name]Lucinda[/name]! I think [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Alice[/name] sounds gorgeous!!!