Lucinda nn Indy imagery

I tend to prefer girls names to be pretty but with some real strength behind them- for example my favourite name [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] has a lovely sound (to my ear) but also some weight and spunk.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you see [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] in the same way? What images does it evoke? Can you suggest any alternatives if you don’t like it?

I actually love this. I love the nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f], and never thought of it stemming from [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]. It definitely has that vibe you are going for! Strong, spunky, and stunning.

I think it works.

Thanks for the positive responses! Anyone else?

I personally don’t think [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is strong sounding in the way that [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is. I find the “l”, “s” and short “i” sounds much more delicate and girly. I do like nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f] though, and it has the strong sound you’re going for. However, I don’t like it as a full name, and I’m not keen on [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] or [name_f]India[/name_f] - but I do love strong-sounding [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]; I think [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f] would work wonderfully!

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] to me is a little too fairy like in my opinion. Most likely because the first time I heard it was from the film [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Enchanted where [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is the name of the fairy godmother character. However that is with me anticipating [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a nickname.
I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Indy[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]! I hadn’t heard of that one before but its perfect. And with [name_f]Indy[/name_f] as her nickname, then yes, it sounds spunky! It fits right in with a few of my faves - [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] nn [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] nn [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u].