Lucy Danielle?

We found out today that we’re expecting girl #3! We had been thinking about [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] with [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] an honor name after my brother. Now DH is saying he thinks she’s more of a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I like both names although I like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] slightly more. It seems [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] gets better reactions as well, but it feels more common to me and less special. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] does share the letters L and C as her sisters: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Which would you choose?

Congratulations on baby girl #3! In my opinion, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] sounds the best with sisters [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is very cute and all but if [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] feels more special to you then I would try to convince DH. If he wont budge on [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], why don’t you wait till the baby is born to officially pick a name? I feel like maybe then you guys could decide on if she looks more like a [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. Good luck :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] best as a name but as a combi, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] has more energy and spark.

I prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] but I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] better suits siblings names. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] still fits really well, though. But for you, I would choose [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] of the two.

I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] out of the two!

I feel that [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] flows better with [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] and fits better with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and I personally much prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but it sounds like you prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], so I would choose that.

To me, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] sounds a little better with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f], but I prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] as an individual name. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is gorgeous!

I really really love both!!! I don’t think you can go wrong and both sound great with the sisters. If I had to choose I think I would go [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] just because I think it’s slight more perfect with the sisters but they are both great.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would be an absolutely dreamy sibset! I love how they’re all sweet, simple, classic names, and share the L and C sounds but still sound very distinct from each other.

I like both names but [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] a bit more, it feels so cheerful and sunny, and I like the look of it written out better too.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is fairly popular these days, but [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] isn’t exactly uncommon or unique either. I don’t think the difference in popularity is enough that it’s worthwhile to choose [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] over [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for that particular reason.

I adore [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], especially with sisters [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! What a darling sibset! I definitely prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] over [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], especially when paired with the middle name [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] tends to fall in the same category as [name_f]Crystal[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], and [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], for me. It doesn’t have the elegance of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

[name_m]Al[/name_m]!ce, Clar@, and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is perfection!

I prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! I wouldn’t worry about the repeating letters of L & C - that’s neither a good nor a bad thing [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I agree with you that [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is more unique and feels more special! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is beautiful!

I love that you love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] :slight_smile: It’s so nice to have a variety of names circulating the world. I do prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and I like it with the sisters names. But, I do really like BOTH names with the sibset. Enjoy choosing your little girls name - you can’t go wrong! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! I love to see all the positivity from you berries. I think we’re going with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because it makes DH so happy!