Lucy, Esme or Iris?

Hi! Which of these names do you like best? Why? Which should I drop?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Lucy is my favourite :slight_smile: I don’t like how [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] sound, that’s probably a unpopular opinion though.

Esme sticks out as being different to me. But I love the soft sound of [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! Maybe drop [name_f]Iris[/name_f] lol

For my favourite it’s hard to choose between [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] has enduring sweetness and tradition, and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] feels sleek and modern vintage chic. I don’t mind [name_f]Esme[/name_f] but prefer the others.

I like them all, but if I had to put them in order of preference…

1. Esme: I pronounce it EZ-mee if spelt without the accent, but I know lots of people say it EZ-may either way, which I don’t like as much. Pretty, cool and spirited.

2. Iris: A nice strong, sophisticated vintage name. I know quite a few little girls with this name, but I still think it feels refreshing with its tailored sound and consonant ending.

3. Lucy: [name_u]Light[/name_u], bright and classic, but feels a little bland in comparison with the other two.

Have you considered Phoebe or Ines?

1 Like

Lucy is my favorite! So sweet. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is the one I’d drop.

These are all beautiful! I honestly wouldn’t drop any of them.

Iris is my favourite

I don’t love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because of teasing potential but I really like alternatives [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] etc.

I’ve never really adored [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as I only associate it with twilight books.

:heart_eyes: just saying, these would make a gorgeous sibset!!

I agree with pp, don’t drop any haha

That being said, [name_f]Esme[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are more popular today than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. If that’s a deal breaker or not to you?
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f]!

I love the name [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! It is so colorful and timeless. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my second favorite.

I absolutely love [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! It’s sleek, elegant, colorful, and vintage but not dusty.

All lovely but [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is the standout favourite.

Esme is my favorite but [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is more classic. I would drop [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

Oh this is tough because I love all three!!

Lucy is strong but sweet

Esme is elegant and sleek

Iris is pretty but tough

I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my favourite, followed by [name_f]Esme[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and iris!

Esme definitely gets my vote! [name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite is [name_f]Iris[/name_f]…reminds me of virus😂

I prefer [name_f]Iris[/name_f] but it is a little too popular for me.

My favorite is [name_f]Iris[/name_f], it’s a lovely floral name without being too frilly. But if the popularity bothers you, my second would be [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], it’s a name that’s timeless and classic. But my least favorite would have to be [name_f]Esme[/name_f], it’s a nice name but it just doesn’t appeal to me like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f]!
Other suggestion is [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

All are gorgeous!! [name_f]Esme[/name_f]’s probably my pick :sparkles: