Lucy or Eliza?

Which name do you prefer and why?

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], my first association with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is the fact that it is slang for the drug acid. I also just really like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], beautiful, timeless, feminine but not frilly, recognizable but not common.

While they’re both good names, I strongly prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] sounds childish to me, personally. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is beautiful and is a classic while still sounding spunky and modern.

Most definitely [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is classic and spunky, I absolutely love it!

I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] better, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is nice but I like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (Loosh-ah) better. It’s more punky.

I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], it is spunky, but still useable!

I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because I feel [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is one of my favorites!

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] both these names, but [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is my favorite

I adore [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!
Whilst [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a nice name, it doesn’t compare to the spunk [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] has. Also, we had a dog named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and my first thought is always ‘pet name’.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! I’m a bit tired of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] now, and although both names have some feistiness to them, I feel like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]'s just a lot cooler, like an awesome book character.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] by far! I agree with pps, it’s got a lot more spunk to it (I think it’s the z that does it). I find [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] a bit tame in comparison.

I like both, but prefer the spunky, classic [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

Hehe it seems like iam in the minority here but I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. While I love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], I like it more as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is so sweet and romantic and strong all together.

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] better. When I think of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] I can only picture [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Thornberry from the cartoon…

I much prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. It feels classy but still fun.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] sounds like “he lies” and the [name_f]El[/name_f] names are so ubiquitous recently.

I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a bit cutesy for me. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is spunky and a bit edgy in my mind, but that may be due to personal associations.

I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I have never really like the name [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. It sounds a little harsh to me. I might be a bit biased since I have a daughter named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] meaning [name_m]Light[/name_m] is very apt as she is the light of our lives. :slight_smile: