Lucy or Sophie?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]

I am wondering out of two of my favourite names which one you guys like better. The two names up for discussion are [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. So which one is your favourite?

Thanks.

Team [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. It works with a large variety of middle names, plus I think it is prettier. I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Zara[/name_f] because it literally means light princess!

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! Classic and never overused. One of my favorite combinations ever is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a lovely name, but it’s become too popular over the past 15 years, too many Sophies and Sophias.

(I’m in the US, by the way - I know [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is more common in the UK).

I loooove [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is really pretty, but I’m a big [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] fan. So classic and beautiful. :slight_smile:

I know lots of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]’s and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]’s so it’s hard not to associate the names to people.

To be unbiased I would say [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my favourite :slight_smile:

Both names are so sweet and charming and friendly, so you can’t go wrong with either of them! If I absolutely had to pick, I’d probably go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

I adore [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] would make a darling combo.

I really like the suggestion of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is cute too and you could still use [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a nickname.

Another vote for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is an amazing name. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is cute. I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f] in honor of the [name_f]Anne[/name_f] books. I’d go with either.

PS Though I would probably name her [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] or Lumiere and have [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] be a nn if she liked it. I myself wouldn’t want my whole name to be a nn, but that may just be me.

I love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]! Never been super drawn to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! No real reason why I prefer it, I just do. :slight_smile:

Both are such lovely names!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!
I definitely think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is formal enough, super sweet, and special-I almost never hear it…it totally stands on it’s own. :slight_smile:
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is very sweet too!