Luke and Leila.. too much?

The list of names my husband and I agree on is pretty short but so far includes [name]Dara[/name], [name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name] ( hesitant to use that one because both our names start with M, and [name]Leila[/name] which I’ve loved since high school but now that we have a son named [name]Luke[/name] I wonder if it might be too [name]Star[/name] Wars. What do you all think?

When I saw this post, I smiled, haha.

Sadly, I do think [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Leila[/name] would get a million [name]Star[/name] Wars jokes. They wouldn’t really be negative I don’t think, but still, it’s a little too close for comfort.

If it had been twins [name]Luke[/name] & [name]Leia[/name] it might have been too much for some (not for me, I love [name]Star[/name] Wars). It’s really nice names, and it wouldn’t really be the same as her name would be [name]Leila[/name]. [name]Just[/name] don’t have another son and call him Han or [name]Hans[/name]…

I love both [name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name] and [name]Leila[/name]! I do think [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Leila[/name] is really close, unfortunately–maybe you could use it as a MN? And if [name]Miriam[/name] doesn’t work because of the "M"s… have you considered [name]Siri[/name]? I know it’s really tied to the iPhone now, but I think it’s a really cool name and [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Siri[/name] would be cute…

[name]Dara[/name] is lovely, though, and [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Dara[/name] would be sweet together.

Good luck!

I’m not sure the Ms are a problem, I just have a hard time, it would be [name]Matt[/name] [name]Megan[/name] [name]Miri[/name] and [name]Luke[/name]! The iphone thing definitely kills [name]Siri[/name] for me though, otherwise it would be cute. Except our last name contains 2 S’s, so hard to name a person!