Luke Walker?

We absolutely love the name [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] ([name_m]Luke[/name_m]) but our last name is [name_u]Walker[/name_u]. Is it totally unusable?

I did immediately make the [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars connection and I haven’t even watched it. If that doesn’t bother you, go for it! [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] is lovely.

Yeah…Too much [name_m]Luke[/name_m] Skywalker, and this is also coming from someone who haven’t watched it

wow i didn’t thought about [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars until I read the comments. [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] sounds like a nice, normal name. I bet there’s quite a few boys and men named [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u].

I agree I thought of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars first and I’ve never seen any of the films. [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] is very cute though and I don’t think it’s completely unusable if you can get past the connection. At the end of the day [name_m]Luke[/name_m] isn’t an uncommon first name and [name_u]Walker[/name_u] isn’t an uncommon surname, so it’s not unusual for them to possibly end up together.

I did think of [name_m]Luke[/name_m] Skywalker but tbh, [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is such a common first name and [name_u]Walker[/name_u] is such a common last name, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if I know someone with the name. I think it’s a fun connection, not one that makes it unusable unless you have a problem with it.

Thank you all for your opinions! The connection personally does not bother me. We are not fans of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars whatsoever. However, I don’t want to be setting our kid up for a lifetime of jokes. Not sure what to do!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I wanted to share my input as well.

I actually used to go to school with someone named “[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u]” and someone else named “[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u]” (and they pretty much only went by [name_m]Luke[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]). Nobody ever really picked on them for their names. In fact, I think the most that was ever mentioned was “oh kinda like star wars, that’s pretty cool” and then everyone kinda moved on from it.

I think you should go for it :slight_smile:

I grew up with a guy who had this exact name. [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars was definitely a ver obvious connection that everyone brought up all the time. [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] isn’t as bad but still…,