Lumi?

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]? [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s not my usual style, it’s really grown on me for some reason. Though I don’t think I’d be brave to actually use it bc I think it’s one of those names that will die off quickly, in like next three years. But I’m just curious on people’s thought on [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] on a real life person.

I agree, it seems like it would die off quite quickly. But theres something quite charming about it really, reminds me of the word luminous, which I think is a nice imagery. I dont think i’d use it in real life, but id be pleasantly surprised if someone were to tell me that they were called [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Lumi[/name_f] is a beautiful name! I love the name and would definitely love to see it on a real person. I’m not one who follows name trends and popularity, choosing names instead because I have a love for & connection to the name and can’t imagine not using it. IMO this would make a great name even beyond the next 3 years or so.

2 Likes

I would love meeting someone named [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]. One of my favourite names is [name_u]Lumen[/name_u] and I reckon I’d probably use this as a nn.

And random but I know a dolphin that went by [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], his official name was Lumiere but we just called him [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]. Working with animals is great when you are a fan of names!

1 Like

Being Finnish myself, it’d be very weird for me to meet someone called [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] who doesn’t have a connection to Finland, if you know what I mean?

It’s not a traditional/culturally significant name so I wouldn’t call it cultural appropriation or anything like that ([name_f]Lumi[/name_f] was practically unheard of as a name until five years ago or so and is just part of the current trend of nature names in Finland). It would just seem strange to me and even though I don’t think that makes it unusable elsewhere, I wanted to share that perspective too.

3 Likes

Lumi is wonderful and glowing

1 Like

I really like the name [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]!

1 Like

Lumi is gorgeous! It feels like an alternative to [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

2 Likes

I do think it’s very pretty!

1 Like

I actually really like [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] too! Seems fresh and spunky! It’s definitely not my usual style either, but it’s charm has really captured my interest!

1 Like

I do know what you mean. That’s why I did a little research on [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], to see if there was any bad connection, and so far I couldn’t find anything. But thank you for sharing your perspective, bc I don’t want to seem disrespectful to any country, race or anything else really

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your point of view. This is exactly how I feel about some names such as [name_f]Luna[/name_f] yet I’ve never quite been able to put it into words like you just have.

I wouldn’t feel it’s disrespectful or wrong in any way but there’s just this slightly weird feeling. Unfortunately in my situation the name has even turned unusable now.

1 Like