Luna

WDYT of the name [name]Luna[/name]?

It means moon in Spanish? So take it like ‘[name]Moon[/name]’ really…also in Spain its used as a dog’s name

Its cute and spunky.

I wonder whether the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] novels may be giving this name a boost? I’m personally quite fond of the HP character, that strangely-sad-but-also-happy-in-her-own-little-world [name]Luna[/name].

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I’m with [name]Nephele[/name]! I love [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood-- she’s so quirky but happy and doesn’t take people’s cruelness to heart… It’s also a very cute name, and it will be very unique! good luck!

I am really loving [name]Luna[/name] right now! So cute.

And [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood is such a cutie too, so that helps!

I’m not a fan of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. I only read the first 4 books a long time ago and haven’t read one of those books since. So, I have no idea who this [name]Luna[/name] character is.

I’m not a fan of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. I only read the first 4 books a long time ago and haven’t read one of those books since. So, I have no idea who this [name]Luna[/name] character is.[/quote]

I’m not a fan of the HP novels – the first one I tried just left me cold. But I strangely enjoy the movies immensely. Which is funny for me, because usually I prefer the book over movie adaptations.

[name]Luna[/name] is an oddball sort of character. She’s a rather minor character and, if I’m remembering correctly, she’s only been in the last two HP movies. I somehow find myself identifying with her. Haha.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I want to like [name]Luna[/name], but I can’t help but wonder if a little [name]Luna[/name] will be teased with lunatic and looney jokes. I do think it has a pretty sound, though.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Haha, [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood gets called “Looney Lovegood” quite frequently! But she never lets it get to her, which is why she’s so adorable :slight_smile:

And really, the only thing I think of when I hear the name is [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood. which is a good thing IMHO :smiley:

I would like it but my cat is named [name]Luna[/name] haha :stuck_out_tongue:

If there ever is a little [name]Luna[/name], she’ll be homeschooled, so teasing won’t be that much of an issue.

What do you think of [name]Dorothy[/name] for a middle name?

I know a [name]Luna[/name] who is two. I didnt think the name was strange I like it. I dont like [name]Dorothy[/name] as a middle.

In that case I wouldn’t worry about teasing either. That’s always been my only reservation with [name]Luna[/name], because other than “looney” jokes it’s just beautiful! I also love [name]Lunette[/name], in french it has two meanings, “little moon” and “glasses” haha, the latter meaning sort of kills it.

Anyway, I give 2 thumbs up to [name]Luna[/name]. I love [name]Dorothy[/name] a lot too, but it just doesn’t sound right after [name]Luna[/name]. [name]Luna[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] has a better sound to me.

[name]Love[/name], love [name]Luna[/name]. It’s gorgeous. I also love it’s meaning of ‘[name]Moon[/name]’. I also adore [name]Lunette[/name] (which you might like as well) which means ‘[name]Little[/name] [name]Moon[/name]’. Some combos:

[name]Luna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Wilhelmine[/name]/[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

I like [name]Luna[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Meredith[/name].