Lydia or Scarlett?

See the results of this poll: Lydia or Scarlett?

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Scarlett Elizabeth: 7 (32%)
  • Lydia Kate: 15 (68%)

[name]Both[/name] are lovely names.
My choice is [name]Scarlett[/name]. I love this name. I agree that it seems to have a “bad girl, sultry, sexy, vampy” connotation. However, I also view it has being very feminine and sweet.

I voted [name]Lydia[/name] because I think [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] flows better than [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I do love both names, though.

I just wanted to let you know, though, that [name]Lydia[/name] is actually more popular than [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] ranks in at 120, while [name]Scarlett[/name] is 210.

I voted for [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. So cute, and [name]Lydia[/name] would be a great name to live with for a whole lifetime. [name]Love[/name] [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name, too!

I voted for [name]Scarlett[/name], which I slightly prefer. I like both, even though they’re so different from each other. I can kind of see what your husband means about [name]Scarlett[/name] being overtly sexy and what you mean about it becoming trendy, but I do still think it’s a cute name. [name]Lydia[/name] sounds like a much more “serious” name to me. I’d picture a [name]Lydia[/name] being very studious and practical.

I voted for [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] because I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]!!!

But I actually think [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] would make a fantastic combo!

Are you in the UK?

Personally prefer [name]Scarlett[/name] to [name]Lydia[/name], but it is much more popular in the Uk also, so if you were wanting a fresher choice maybe [name]Lydia[/name] is the way forward??!

I haven’t voted as couldn’t decide between my conflicts of preferring the name to preferring a more unique choice x

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Lydia[/name], and I think it’s a definite winner over [name]Scarlett[/name]. While I do think it can be a cute name, I agree with your husband totally. I would MUCH rather have the name [name]Lydia[/name] than be stuck with [name]Scarlett[/name] and all its connotations my whole life. Also, even though [name]Lydia[/name] is technically more popular than [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] is trendy while [name]Lydia[/name] is classic, which means that [name]Scarlett[/name] is more likely to become dated in the future.

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted for [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name], too. :slight_smile: I think [name]Scarlett[/name] is beautiful, too, but I just love [name]Lydia[/name] more.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Both[/name] are beautiful names, but I prefer [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! It’s a name that will be cute for a girl and sophisticated for a an adult.