Lydia?

What do you think of the name [name]Lydia[/name]?

We love the name, but are curious to see what others think. To us, the name seems like a underused classic that sounds fresh and feminine, but not trendy or frilly. [name]Do[/name] you agree?

Our two boys are [name]William[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]. They go by [name]Wills[/name] and [name]Tommy[/name], and we would call her [name]Lydie[/name] most of the time. Our last name is [name]Hadley[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lydia[/name] fits with our boys’ names?

Thanks!
[name]Sarah[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] with [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name]! Any ideas for middle names? :smiley:

Thank you so much for the response. I’m so happy to hear you think the names go well together. We haven’t thought much about middle names yet. One name we love but would only use in the middle is [name]Felicity[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Hadley[/name] is quite a mouthful, and has a lot of Ys in it! We’d love to know what you would pair with [name]Lydia[/name].
Thanks again,
[name]Sarah[/name]

Yes, [name]Lydia[/name] goes quite nicely with [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name]. I think [name]Lydia[/name] is an under-used classic! I like
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], but I agree that it may be too much of a mouthful. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Prudence[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Lydia[/name], I think it is quite beautiful!

There was a baby girl named [name]Lydia[/name] in my playgroup last year. I remember remarking how the playgroup sounded like it was a bunch of 80-year olds playing poker… we had an [name]Ava[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name].

We all agreed that [name]Lydia[/name] was a wonderful name because it fit in with the “retro” feel that seems to be in our neighbourhood, but it was original enough that she was the only one (FYI—I know 4 baby [name]Ava[/name]'s, 3 [name]Henry[/name]'s, 4 [name]William[/name]'s, 2 [name]Beatrice[/name]'s, 2 [name]Ruby[/name]'s, 2 [name]Flora[/name]/[name]Florence[/name])

Great choice!!! :smiley:

Yes! That’s exactly how I see it.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] makes me melt. One of my top choices for a future daughter.

[name]Lydia[/name] nn [name]Lydie[/name] is aboslutely lovely! It goes with your boys’ names perfectly! Unfortunately, I think that [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Hadley[/name] looks a bit off because of all of the y’s. Is there any other middle names you’re considering?

Good luck!

I love [name]Lydia[/name]! I think it’s a beautiful name that is definitely underused. [name]Lydia[/name] nn [name]Lydie[/name] is super sweet as well! Although I definitely don’t like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Hadley[/name], that can be fixed.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ariel[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Danielle[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Eve[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]

These are some of my favorite [name]Lydia[/name] combinations. I hope you like some of them!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name], and it goes perfectly with the sibset! I definitely think it is a classic that is fresh and solid, feminine but not light and frilly. It ages very well and doesn’t feel trendy at all (but it is definitely not “dusty” either!)

[name]Do[/name] you have any family names to draw inspiration to the middle name? I think [name]Lydia[/name] is perfect, I would stick with it and move on to a middle name. :slight_smile:

I am with the group–big fan of [name]Lydia[/name].

I agree with everyone else! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]!!! I would consider it for a daughter, but my husband thinks of it as an ‘old lady’ name. :frowning: I think [name]Lydia[/name] would make a perfect sister to [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]!

I also agree with everyone-- I love [name]Lydia[/name], and it’s absolutely perfect with [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]! :smiley:

I like [name]Lydia[/name] as well. It was actually a bit of a shock to me to find out it’s such and old lady name because I went to high school with not one, but two Lydias, and it was hardly an avant-garde naming area. I didn’t know one of the Lydias, but I knew the other, and he older sister was named [name]Jessica[/name], which was a very trendy name at the time, so it seems even oder she was named [name]Lydia[/name].

So to me, it doesn’t seem old at all. I think it’s a good choice, and fits well with [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]!

[name]LOVE[/name] it!! We are TTC & I was looking for an underused biblical name…[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Joy[/name] was my #1 choice! Unfortunately, my wonderful husband does not agree, so I love hearing others use it!

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]?

I love [name]Lydia[/name]. I actually know a few girls named [name]Lydia[/name] and don’t see it as an old lady name at all- but it’s still vintage and sophisticated.

I love [name]Lydia[/name]! My family does all “L” names for girls (though I broke with that) but [name]Lydia[/name] was tops on my list! I also love the Italian ‘[name]Lidia[/name]’ spelling! It is a Colonial name and not trendy at all. A lovely name that sounds great with your other two, is not too common and I believe will age beautifully!

Wow! Thank you all so much! I must say I’m suprised at how well recieved [name]Lydia[/name] is here. We refuse to tell anyone the name until the baby is born, but I mentioned the name before I was pregnat with our first, and it was greeted with a lot of “oh, that’s nice” responses. [name]Just[/name] another reason why we don’t share the name. Plus, my sister-in-law, who did not like [name]Lydia[/name], picked very trendy names for her kids ([name]Addison[/name] and [name]Mason[/name]), so we cleary have different styles. My husband and I both love the name and we don’t care what our families think. I fell in love with the name when I was 12 and read Pride and Prejudice for the first time, and I’ve loved it ever since. The idea of having a little [name]Lydia[/name] is so exciting!

As much as I love [name]Felicity[/name], we were never really considering [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]. The hormones might be making me a little crazy, but not insane! We did start thinking about middle names though, and have come up with a few combos that we’d love your thoughts on. I’m not sure if any of these are ‘the one’.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I’m really excited about the idea of using [name]Frances[/name] in the middle. We eliminated it from our list because my husband hates all of the nicknames. I don’t know why, but my husband has always loved the name [name]Ruth[/name]. I don’t love it, but I might be willing to use it for him. I usually get my way, so it might be nice to let him get what he wants for a chance. Maybe. I also really like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. This isn’t going to make any sense, but something about the M seems so fresh. As I mentioned above, I love [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name], so [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is really appealing to me. Sorry for the rambling. We’d love your thoughts.
Thanks again,
[name]Sarah[/name]

I love all of these middle names with [name]Lydia[/name]! I put my favorites in order:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Really, you can’t go wrong with any of these! :smiley: