Lyla or Layla

Hi berries,
I love both of these names but I can’t decide witch one I like more, so what do you guys like [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] or [name_f]Layla[/name_f]? Also do you prefer spelling of [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f] better? I am also open for middle name suggestions for either of those names. Have a great day :blush:

I prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f] with this spelling.

3 Likes

Lyla/Lilah

1 Like

Layla! I also prefer the spelling [name_f]Lila[/name_f] but I’m not sure if most people will pronounce it the same way as [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]/Layla.

2 Likes

I like the sound of [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] / [name_f]Lila[/name_f] better, and I prefer the spelling [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. It looks clean and graceful.

You could also spell it [name_f]Laila[/name_f] or maybe [name_f]Leila[/name_f].

Laela could be an alt for [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

Pretty choice. Feminine and uncomplicated.

(Oh and don’t add an extra l to [name_f]Lilla[/name_f] if you’re tempted bec I’d say that as LIL-ah.)

I like [name_f]Lila[/name_f] best.

I also prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f] with that spelling.

Lila

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Layla[/name_f]! It seems softer and prettier imo! I don’t like the “lie” sound in [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

1 Like

Both names are so pretty! I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

What style of middles would you prefer? Some ideas I’ll toss out there -

Lila/Lyla [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/Lyla [name_f]Rosamunde[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/Lyla [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/Lyla [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/Lyla [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] Floralie
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Layla[/name_f] better than [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], but I like the [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] spelling best! I think both are such cute names!

I love the bright sounds of [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]

Out of [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] and [name_f]Layla[/name_f] I prefer [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] but the [name_f]Lila[/name_f] spelling appeals to me more :))

Layla is my favourite but I like both! I like the [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] spelling best, I would pronounce [name_f]Lila[/name_f] differently

I prefer [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], spelled [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]. It’s funny because I had a student last year whose name was [name_f]Layla[/name_f] but pronounced [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]. Confusing. But I like [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] better.

I prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f] with this spelling.

I prefer [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. It feels much softer to me. I also don’t like [name_f]Lila[/name_f] because it has the sound of the word “Lie” at the start. Not a very nice word to have in a name in my opinion.

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f] equally, [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] less so. I also like the spelling [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]!

Prefer the name [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] but [name_f]Lila[/name_f]/Lilah for the spelling. I know in the [name_f]English[/name_f] language the letter y can sound like an e or i but I’ve never been a fan of interchanging these letters with a y. [name_m]Just[/name_m] personal taste. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is a nice name too. I do prefer the spelling [name_f]Laila[/name_f] though, again.

I prefer the [name_f]Lila[/name_f] spelling and I prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f] to [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. But I like the [name_f]Laila[/name_f] spelling more than the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling