Lyra Antarctica!

And I have a new favourite celebrity baby name!
[name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran and [name_f]Cherry[/name_f] [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] named their baby girl [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] Antarctica!
What do you think of the name?

11 Likes

I really love it. Itā€™s giving an aquatic/nautical theme

2 Likes

I actually really like it!

1 Like

I think itā€™s very cool! I expected them to go with something a little more down-to-earth and I originally read [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] as [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], but I do quite like it. I think they gave her [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] as a second middle too, so itā€™s definitely very aquatic.

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Definitely the best of the last few weeks

1 Like

Very interesting and unique, but I donā€™t think it fits a doctor, a lawyer or a president. Antarctica [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] is too much for me.
I love that they used [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m]!
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] Sheeran would have been perfect.

5 Likes

Lyra is nice. Antarcticaā€¦not so much.

2 Likes

Lyra is lovely! Antarctica is a bit strange, but as far as ā€œout thereā€ celebrity baby names go I donā€™t hate it.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œ[name_f]Estrela[/name_f], post:8, topic:348921ā€]
Antarctica Seaborn is too much for me.
I love that they used Seaborn!
Lyra Seaborn Sheeran would have been perfect.
[/quote]

These were my exact thoughts when I first read the full name too. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] would have been :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

But I do really like the name they chose. Itā€™s fun and kooky without being ridiculous or embarrassing.

Congratulations to them!

7 Likes

These were my exact thoughts when I first read the full name too. Lyra Seaborn would have been :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

But I do really like the name they chose. Itā€™s fun and kooky without being ridiculous or embarrassing.

Congratulations to them![/quote]

I feel the same!

3 Likes

Seaborn is her motherā€™s maiden name and it might be a double barrel last name so having the aquatic theme doesnā€™t bother me since itā€™s not like her mom can change her maiden name! I love [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] Antarctica though, I think it sounds so wintery!

4 Likes

I think itā€™s cool! [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] feels elegant and beautiful and Antarctica just adds that celebrity flair :))

1 Like

This is probably going to be the opposite of everyone else says, but I actually like Antarctica!

I donā€™t have any strong feelings on [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]. It was very popular back when I first joined NB, and probably still is. Iā€™m sure [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is a perfectly lovely name; Iā€™ve just been overexposed to it.

Also, I prefer names where the first and middle donā€™t end in the same letter.

2 Likes

Also my thoughts exactly!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]! :heart: Iā€™m not sure how I feel about [name_f]Antarctica[/name_f]. As of yet neither of them have offered an explanation for their name choice (as far as I know) so Iā€™d really love to see that. Iā€™m sure in their next interview a journalist will ask ā€œSo why [name_f]Antarctica[/name_f]?ā€ & hopefully weā€™ll find out!

Cherry really lucked-out in the maiden name department, [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] is an awesome second middle to be able to pass on to her daughter.

4 Likes

Itā€™s picturesque; I think of a snowy landscape, so I actually really like it :ice_cube:

1 Like

I imagined [name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran & [name_f]Cherry[/name_f] [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] using a name like [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] itā€™s a pretty name and doesnā€™t feel surprising. Also [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] does fit in with the popular names in [name_f]England[/name_f] & [name_m]Wales[/name_m] currently so I donā€™t think [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] stands out at all especially in comparison to celebrity names. Iā€™m not keen on [name_f]Antarctica[/name_f] I agree with the others that just [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_m]Seaborn[/name_m] would have been prettier. I think [name_f]Antarctica[/name_f] is ā€˜try hardā€™ and doesnā€™t fit with [name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran image of a relaxed, working class man of the people vibe. But hey maybe thereā€™s a deeper meaning to [name_f]Antarctica[/name_f] and if so I could just be a bit judgemental :joy:
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is beautiful though.

Congrats to them though they look like a proper sweet couple!

1 Like

I read an article that said [name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran has talked about his love for the His Dark Materials trilogy in the past, so I presume thatā€™s where [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] comes from! Iā€™m still intrigued as to what made them choose [name_f]Antarctica[/name_f] though :thinking:

1 Like

Oh wow! That combination is awesome!