Lyra?

I recently came across this name again, and realized that it’s the perfect name for me - it’s short and sweet, recognizable but uncommon, connected to music, and best of all - gives off an outerspace-ish/futuristic vibe, which makes the geek in me swoon. :wink:

So, wdyt? MN suggestions?

I love it! It’s unique but not unheard of which is good. Hmm middle names…

[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Bree[/name]

It’s hard to come up with middle names for this one! [name]Hope[/name] I could help!

I love this name too! I think [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Belle[/name] would sound adorable. You could also try:
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]

[name]Just[/name] a couple suggestions. I think I might have to add this name to my favourites :slight_smile:

I adore the name for every reason you mentioned. I only have two concerns: it sounds like the word “liar,” and it may sound trendy (similar to [name]Kyra[/name] and [name]Tyra[/name]) to people who aren’t name-obsessed. They would definitely not deter me from considering it, if I were you.

I’m inclined to pair it with longer, frillier names to counterbalance the shortness of four-lettered, two-syllable [name]Lyra[/name].

[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]

But if you would prefer shorter, [name]Lyra[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], and [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] are other suggestions.

I love [name]Lyra[/name]! I used to dislike it because I thought it sounded so forgettable, but I have learned to like its succinct but girly sound.

Suggestions:

[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!!

I really wanted to name my girl [name]Lyra[/name], but DH would never get on board. I really liked [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] for a very unique choice, but I also liked [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

[name]Lyra[/name] is also the heroine of the [name]Phillip[/name] Pullman series His Dark Materials; in the books the [name]Lyra[/name]/Liar connection is intentional. I think this separates it from the trendier Tyras and Kyras and gives it a sort of literary appeal.