Lyric?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]? It’s begun to really grow on me again as of late, and I wonder if it’s usable or not? I do know of a little [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] who seems to wear the name well, and it does appear to be a bit common in the US, but I otherwise don’t know too much about it?

For reference, my list of “realistic”/current favourite girls names is - [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Miracle[/name_f], [name_u]Journey[/name_u], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Promise[/name_f], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_f]Kaydence[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f], [name_f]Galilee[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Adalynn[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f], [name_u]Genesis[/name_u], [name_f]Selah[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_f]Carly[/name_f], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Bethany[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Mariah[/name_f], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u], [name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_f]Christiana[/name_f], [name_f]Talitha[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], [name_f]Johannah[/name_f], [name_f]Heaven[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f], [name_f]Heavenly[/name_f], [name_u]Jordyn[/name_u], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Liberty[/name_f], [name_f]Desiree[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Truly[/name_u], [name_u]Harvest[/name_u], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

Does [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] “fit” this? What are your thoughts on [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] in general as a name?

Thank you!

I think [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] is nice! It’s cool and it does feel modern, though the pretty Lyr- sound that reminds me of [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] makes it feel more ‘‘substantial’’ than other modern word names. I think it goes well with your other faves!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] is cute! I would probably prefer it as a middle name but would be fine as a first too! I also think it fits in with your other favorite names.

Some combo ideas…

Lyric [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]

1 Like

Lyric is a sweet name -I can totally see it besides [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] and [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] in particular

1 Like

I know a little [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]! She’s sweet and spunky and suits her name perfectly. It seems usable to me, and I think it definitely fits with your other names.

1 Like

I like the name [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] because I’m in a band. and I believe [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] is as good of a name as any. [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] could also make a cute nickname like [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] [name_u]Lyric[/name_u], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Lyric[/name_u], or [name_f]Presleigh[/name_f] [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]

I’ve recently run across the name [name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] (Leer - rick - uh) and thought it was nice.