Maashous

From the new TV show “Rise” comes the name Maashous ( [name_f]May[/name_f]-shus). Sounds Irish to me, but im not sure. What do we think? What middle names and what sibling names would you choose?

No one? Nothing?

According to cast interviews and a quick google search Maashous is completely made up as a name. However, according to wikipedia, in [name_m]German[/name_m] a Maashaus is a spacious room taking the whole front part of a ground floor of a multi-storied Gothic or Renaissance town house.

I think you’d have issues with pronunciation

Sorry, but this just doesn’t seem like a name, let alone a word. Not even sure how to pronounce it. Maybe that’s why no one is responding? And I tend to like very unusual-push-the-envelope type of names. Sorry :frowning:

Sounds like some rich kid named after his mother’s maiden name who doesn’t even get bullied over the name because he goes to a private school with other kids named stuff like Whitstable, [name_m]Archibald[/name_m], and [name_m]Bergeron[/name_m].
Or some inner city conglomerate name.

Hahahaha! I love that!

I read this as Masseuse. Definitely dicey on pronounciation!

Good gracious, name a kid Maashous ( [name_f]May[/name_f]-shus)…???
Poor kid, but if you love it I hope you nn him [name_m]Ace[/name_m].

I posted about this too a long time ago… I really like it but I don’t know about the spelling. Macius was the best one I came up with.