Mabel and Opal

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I really like the name [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. Our daughters name is [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and our son is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. But I’m worried that [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are too similar. Give your honest opinion, are they too similar?

1 Like

They are a little similar, but I think they are different enough that it works. There are sibsets I know where they both end in -n or -r or -a, so why should -l be a problem? [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] & [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are a perfect match stylistically, so I say go for it! Especially if it’s the name you love. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think they have similar endings but not too similar to be a dealbreaker if it’s your favorite! The connection is even quite cute. :slight_smile: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are a sweet sibset!

1 Like

Both names have a similar endings but I don’t think it’s a deal breaker. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is a lovely choice I say go for it.

1 Like

I agree with everyone else! They sound similar but aren’t too matchy. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! :slight_smile:

I don’t think they are too similar and I think that [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are simply divine !!

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] & [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
:heart_eyes::bangbang:
Not too similar!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are fine and lovely together :slight_smile:

I don’t think they’re too similar to use together. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is lovely and goes really well.

I don’t think they are too similar, I’ve heard of quiet a few sibsets with the same endings -a, -ie, -elle, -ley/-lie etc.
One suggestion might be to use [name_f]Opal[/name_f] as a nickname for a longer name

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Opaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f], and stylistically I think it’s a great match for your older kiddos’ names! If I’m being completely honest, I don’t love the similar endings. That being said, I agree with other commenters that I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker by any means. The rest of the sounds between [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are different enough that I think it works fine, especially if [name_f]Opal[/name_f] emerges as your clear favorite!