Mabel or Hazel?

See the results of this poll: Do you prefer the name Mabel or Hazel?

Respondents: 1 (This poll is closed)

• Mabel: 1 (100%)
  • Hazel: 0 (0%)

I adore them both! Vintage, beautiful and underused.

[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas for middle names, or could you give us a vague idea of the sound of your surname, to help decide?

Oh, I absolutely love [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name], too! I think that [name]Mabel[/name] affords more nicknames ([name]Mae[/name], [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Belle[/name]), but like I said, I love [name]Hazel[/name] as well. (I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with either!) :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] for fun:

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I want to come up with middle names, too:
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Kaye[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Yvette[/name]

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Bernice[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Claudette[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Fleurette[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Odette[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Pauline[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] - I love this so much, it’s unbelievable!

I love [name]Hazel[/name]!

I love [name]Mabel[/name]! It is such a pretty name for a child and adult. As one of the posters said (I think [name]Jill[/name]?), I like the nns it affords.

[name]Hazel[/name] is pretty, but I really think of [name]Hanzel[/name] and [name]Gretel[/name] for some reason.

[name]Mabel[/name] is really so vintage and strong.

Best of luck to you! =)

my vote is for [name]Hazel[/name] :slight_smile:

I vote [name]Mabel[/name] ^^ She has all those cosy nicknames ([name]Mae[/name] is a favourite) and she’s softer… [name]Hazel[/name] has more spunk though, but I really love [name]Mabel[/name]… [name]Hazel[/name] is also number 343 on the popularity charts while [name]Mabel[/name] isn’t on them, if that makes a difference… [name]Mabel[/name] would be the more unique and offbeat choice, but like others have said, you can’t really go wrong with either of them… ^^ Good [name]Luck[/name]!

If you want me to be honest this is how I feel,

[name]Mabel[/name] reminds me of poor old [name]Mabel[/name] the cow. I would never use this name. However, [name]Belle[/name] and [name]May[/name] used independently are lovely names especially [name]Belle[/name].

[name]Hazel[/name] is a dorky, plain child with little motivation and she is not very popular. I think it is the [name]Haze[/name] part that helps to give that impression.

My combo is,

[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Helen[/name] ie, you get the belle from [name]Mabel[/name] and in [name]Helen[/name] you get the [name]Elle[/name] from [name]Hazel[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] both of these names! I think I’ve convinced hubby to put [name]Hazel[/name] in the running, but I’m still working on [name]Mabel[/name] :slight_smile:

I lean towards [name]Mabel[/name], though, because of the nn’s. I personally don’t think you can go wrong at all. I met a little 6 yr old [name]Mabel[/name] who was just the cutest thing ever! She instantly made me fall in love with the name!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]. [name]Mabel[/name] is growing on me, but I’m not there yet. :slight_smile:

I’ll vote for [name]Mabel[/name]. Is it odd that I like the name Maybelline (like the cosmetic company)?

I think it would be a lovely name if it hadn’t been snatched up by the brand …

I’d never use it because of it’s brand name association but it really is a pretty name. Maybe if Maybelline ever goes out of business it will get it’s chance to shine as a real name.

I lean towards [name]Hazel[/name], but like them both.

I like [name]Mabel[/name] its my GReat grandmas name but i absolutly love hazel. its so darn cute!!

[name]Both[/name] are pretty and sound cool now, but I especially like [name]Hazel[/name] :slight_smile:

I really love them both. But if I had to pick I’d say [name]Mabel[/name]. It was on my list of names, too.

If [name]Mabel[/name] was [name]Maybelle[/name] it would improve this name out of sight. It may win me over.