Mabel or Hermione

These names are both top of my list and I fluctuate between my favourite!

[name]Mabel[/name] Watts - I love the meaning of [name]Mabel[/name] and it is my DH favourite
[name]Hermione[/name] Watts - I love the meaning of ‘messenger’ and the link to 'A [name]Winter[/name]‘s Tale’. I even like the [name]Hermione[/name]'s character in [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]!

What are you thoughts?

Any other ideas for a mn - I would like to use ‘Ware’ which is my Grandads middle name (and his mum’s maiden name). I thank everyone for the middle name ideas for [name]Mabel[/name] - but can I pick your brains again for mn for [name]Hermione[/name].

Thank you all for great ideas…

xxx

PS [name]Just[/name] another little note - My DH is very dark (black hair) with very brown eyes and olive skin - so baby is likely to be dark too xxx I know that some names really suit a certain type of complexion!

As a die-hard [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan, I love [name]Hermione[/name]! If you’re a Potterfan, too, it’s a great choice. It also has that classic tint to it. I do, however, love the meaning of [name]Mabel[/name]. Maybe [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] Watts? That flows very well, in my opinion, and you get to use both of your names!

[name]Both[/name] names are lovely, but so different. [name]Hermione[/name] Watts has a sweet sound, and [name]Mabel[/name] Watts sounds more sassy. [name]Hermione[/name] will probably get called [name]Hermie[/name] sometimes. I knew an old lady named [name]Hermie[/name]. Her real name was [name]Hermione[/name].
I think my personal favorite is [name]Hermione[/name], but I really love both of them. They both go nicely with your last name, too.

[name]Both[/name] names are lovely, but so different. [name]Hermione[/name] Watts has a sweet sound, and [name]Mabel[/name] Watts sounds more sassy. [name]Hermione[/name] will probably get called [name]Hermie[/name] sometimes. I knew an old lady named [name]Hermie[/name]. Her real name was [name]Hermione[/name].
I think my personal favorite is [name]Hermione[/name], but I really love both of them. They both go nicely with your last name, too.[/quote]

[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Ardith[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] - pretty
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Claudine[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Clover[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] - I think this is my favorite on this list.
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Fern[/name]- no, I think this is.
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - oooh, maybe this
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Kitty[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Opal[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - not my style, but it does have a ring to it.

I personally prefer [name]Mabel[/name] to [name]Hermione[/name], but I when it comes to flow, I prefer the flow of [name]Hermione[/name] Watts. (I can picture both names fitting the physical description you gave.) :slight_smile:

I’m confused about the middle name issue, and am wondering if you’re planning on using two middles, Ware plus one more?

I’d avoid middle names ending in S and T, because when you say the full name out loud, those sounds attach to the W in Watts, and you get Swats and T…(slang). :slight_smile:

[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Averil[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] (I think that both of your favorites sound great together!)
[name]Hermione[/name] Rosamel
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (kind of abrupt with Watts, though…Oops! The T issue…)
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]

Good luck, Dinks! :slight_smile:

What great suggestions. I think both [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] are nice names. My personal preference leans more towards [name]Hermione[/name].
[name]Just[/name] my opinion but [name]Mabel[/name] Ware sounds a bit like a brand of dishes ect. With a second middle between [name]Mabel[/name] and Ware it would help to break it up.
[name]Hermione[/name] is such fun name to say over and over again, isn’t it?

Thank you all so much for your suggestions

I love [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Simone[/name] is my best friends name, but I wasn’t sure that it went with [name]Hermione[/name], so was glad that you suggested it!

[name]Hermione[/name] Ware - love this because it honours my grandad.

I love so many of your suggestions!!! Thanks again

xxxx