Madeline or Madelyn

I love names with [name_f]Maddy[/name_f] as a nn and these 2 are both a close favorite spin off of [name_u]Madison[/name_u].
If you have any more variants of [name_u]Madison[/name_u] that would be great !

Who [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer ? [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] ?

Also I do pronounce Madeline as (ma-duh-line) and Madelyn as (ma-duh-lyn)

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Madeline

1 Like

Madeline!

1 Like

I prounounce the 2 names differently. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] I would pronounce Mad -Uh- -[name_f]Line[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] Ma-del-in.

I prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]. But I think both are beautiful.

Matilda could be [name_u]Mattie[/name_u]
[name_f]Mattea[/name_f]

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]!

1 Like

Me too! It sort of changes my opinion depending on what pronunciation you’re planning on using :slight_smile: I guess overall though, I do prefer [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f].

[name_f]Madelaine[/name_f] is one that comes to mind, and I know a [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Maddy[/name_f] actually.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] for me too, but my favorite spelling is [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. There is also [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] and [name_u]Madigan[/name_u].

1 Like

Agreed. I like both pronunciations (mad-el-line and mad-el-len) and I like both spellings. I also like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] with the Mad-el-len pronunciation. @leafsgirl44’s suggestion of [name_f]Madelaine[/name_f] is also a cool way to get to [name_f]Maddy[/name_f].

1 Like

I agree with previous posters on pronunciation! Both are pretty spellings, but [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] feels more timeless to me.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]. I always find names containing a y off putting since it’s super trendy. Also, you could use the name [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and use the nickname [name_u]Mattie[/name_u]!

2 Likes

Definitely [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]!!

1 Like

Depends whether you want it pronoucned line or lin at the end. If it’s lin, go with [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]. If it’s line, [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is the better choice

1 Like

Madeline!

1 Like

[name_u]Addison[/name_u] could be another variation of [name_u]Madison[/name_u]?

1 Like

I’m in the minority but [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] are pronounced the same for me. I’ve only known people who pronounce them -lyn (although I much prefer the -line ending). I’m not sure if [name_f]Maud[/name_f] has been mentioned yet but that would work as an honor name to [name_u]Madison[/name_u]!

1 Like

Madeline definitely looks classier.

1 Like

I prefer the pronunciation of [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] seems too formal to me.

1 Like