Mae and June

My husband and I each have a grandmother named [name]Emma[/name]. I have another with the name [name]Matilda[/name], and his other grandma’s middle is [name]June[/name]. I would like to honor all of them. So I came up with using [name]Mae[/name] (which uses almost all the letters of [name]Emma[/name], and is the beginning of [name]Matilda[/name]) and [name]June[/name] as middle names for our next daughters. We have one daughter currently, [name]Rosamund[/name] “[name]Rosie[/name]” [name]Hazel[/name]. My husband and I’s next favorite names are [name]Wilhelmina[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name], my favorite combos are:

[name]Wilhelmina[/name] “[name]Minnie[/name]” [name]Mae[/name]

and

[name]Eleanor[/name] “[name]Nellie[/name]” [name]June[/name]

Would you switch anything up, or do you like the names as they are? [name]Do[/name] you like them with [name]Rosamund[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]? Thanks!

I would switch them to [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]June[/name]. [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] would be lovely sister trio.

Thanks for the advice. I love those combos as well, it’s so hard to pick!

I just switched them because the repetitive m’s in [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is hard to say.

I actually like the alliteration in [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Mae[/name], and [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is adorable!

Oh they’re gorgeous! I particularly love the rhythm of [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Mae[/name].
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]June[/name] is so pretty too, but with [name]Rosamund[/name], I prefer [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. Having said that, [name]Nellie[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name] are just adorable. I don’t know which I prefer, to be honest.

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name] would be lovely in itself (likewise, [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Emma[/name] [name]June[/name])

Gorgeous! I love all 3 separate & together! Normally I wouldn’t be into the [name]May[/name] [name]June[/name] thing, but these combos are just so lovely!

I love them !! They are darling and sound lovely with [name]Rosamund[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]. Congratulations!!!

Swooooooooooooooooooooon. They are both STUNNING. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Rosamund[/name] would feel left out that she didn’t get a month middle name? I don’t think so, but something to consider.

My vote is for [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Mae[/name]! Gorgeous.

They are nice, but how do you feel about the [name]May[/name] & [name]June[/name] sister set? Your others choices seem very individual, which is why I ask.

Another thought to include [name]Emma[/name] is the French form, [name]Emile[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Emile[/name] strikes my ear well; though perhaps not with [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. You could think about [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]June[/name] (dad’s side) and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Emile[/name] (mom’s side).

Thanks for all the feedback thus far! My husband and I did talk about the month theme of [name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name], and I thought with the spelling [name]Mae[/name], it makes it less “month oriented”. [name]Wilhelmina[/name] will most certainly be our next daughter’s first name, so I’m definitely leaning towards the Wilhelmina “Minnie” Mae combo, because it would actually include a nod to all 4 grandma’s in case we don’t have a 3rd daughter. Because [name]Minnie[/name] was the name of [name]June[/name]'s grandmother, while an indirect connection, it still counts in my book. Would still appreciate any other feedback and comments. Thanks again!

I absolutely love [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Mae[/name] nn [name]Minnie[/name]! [name]Minnie[/name] is my favorite nn for [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]June[/name] is also really pretty and both go so well with your daughters name.