Mae vs Maeve vs Edith!

We have three names we absolutely love and can’t choose need some honest opinions!!

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Beaton
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Beaton
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Beaton

Thoughts please!
The thing we worry about most with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is that she would be ‘ [name_f]Mae[/name_f] B’ (maybe). Which is a little weird!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]—but I’m glad you love all three choices, because that means you can’t go wrong! All three names are lovely.

“[name_f]Mae[/name_f] B” sounds kind of cute, actually.

4 Likes

I like Mae Josephine B. I don’t believe there will be more than 1 Mae in her class, so most times she will be known as Mae. I don’t think you have to worry too much about the Maybe connection.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], it is such a sweet name!

I love all three!

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] just because [name_f]Mae[/name_f] feels very understated and pretty as a first name. Despite being a well known choice it feels unexpected whereas I think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_f]Edith[/name_f] fit into that fashionable vintage trend. So they could increase in popularity potentially whereas I don’t see [name_f]Mae[/name_f] becoming popular. Also I love the middle name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] it’s gorgeous :purple_heart:

I really like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I don’t think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] B would be too bad if I’m honest, particularly if there are no other [name_m]Maes[/name_m] around!

Your top 3 names are beautiful so you can’t go wrong.
Strictly voting on first name , [name_f]My[/name_f] vote would be [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (that way you can use 2/3 of your favourite names. )

I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as a combo . [name_m]Little[/name_m] MJ is darling !!!

So I guess I’m voting for 2 which doesn’t help !!! But my pick would be [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

I like both [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

I’m voting for [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! So sweet! It’s familiar without being common!

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a nickname!!

I think so, too! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is easily my favorite of your list. :slight_smile:

These are my thoughts too :point_up:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] but the combo [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is such a winner. I think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] B / maybe is super cute!

All three combos are so sweet, but [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is my favourite! It’s so charming, and like previous posters, I actually think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] B is lovely! I think [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] would be my second choice.

I really like previous commenters’ idea of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a nickname. Would you consider [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]? Of your as-is combos, though, my favorite is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and I think it’s lovely!

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a beautiful name! Sweet and elegant!
I also like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would be gorgeous!
I’ve never been an huge fan of [name_f]Edith[/name_f], so that would be my last choice.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is so lovely

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is fabulous! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] B, if it happened, could be kind of fun as a pet name.

I like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] the best :slight_smile:

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is my favorite, but I don’t love the combo - it kinds of runs together and sounds like her name is Mavely. I think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Beaton would be beautiful. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would be my second choice!

I like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I wouldn’t worry too much about the [name_f]Mae[/name_f] B. thing :slight_smile: it’s not a bad meaning or offensive in any way, to me it just reminds me of how “will” is also a word! Most people probably wont even notice.