Mae?

We are currently considering the name [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Mae[/name] with nn of [name]Mae[/name]. Does this seem silly since [name]Mae[/name] is a diminutive of [name]Margaret[/name]? Also, [name]Margaret[/name] is my name and my namesakes name (my ggm’s) name was [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. Confusing right? [name]Love[/name] to hear everyone’s thoughts or any additional suggestions?

We also love the name [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (named after both of our mom’s). Also love the names [name]Cora[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] (nn [name]Lottie[/name]), [name]Greta[/name] (considered using this as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name], I’d have to sway hubby)…

We too are considering [name]Greta[/name] after my grandmother…love it.

I love all your names…though I have to admit [name]Greta[/name] a little bit less than all the others. I usually think of [name]Mae[/name] as a nickname for [name]Mary[/name] rather than [name]Margaret[/name]. What’s wrong with calling her [name]Mae[/name]? That’s a great idea, and it’s wonderful to pass down a name through the female line of your family. You have a lot of other great choices too: I especially love [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name].

[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is cute! Especially if it was your great-grandmothers name. Sounds a little bit like a character in something, but in a good way. I dig it.