Maelie or Annelise?

We’re down to our top 2 names that me and my husband have agreed on.
[name]Maelie[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] or [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Mae[/name]? My husband is really stuck on [name]Maelie[/name], which I do like because I wanted to incorporate [name]Mae[/name] into the name. I figure she could go by [name]Mae[/name] as well if she likes it better when she gets older. [name]Just[/name] a little worried that people might not know how to pronounce it, or spell it. Also don’t know if it sounds too trendy. I know most people here will like [name]Annelise[/name] better but I just wanted some more feedback on [name]Maelie[/name]. She will be the sister to [name]Laila[/name] [name]Alana[/name] if that helps:)

The thing I noticed is that [name]Maelie[/name] and [name]Laila[/name] both have the long a sound, which is fine, but they seem sort of similar. I prefer [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Mae[/name] because it’s just more my style. You could take both names to the hospital and then decide.

I agree they do sound similar, I just can’t decide if its a good similar or bad similar?! [name]Annelise[/name] is more my style too, just not so much my husbands… thanks for your input:)

I agree with the pp that [name]Laila[/name] and [name]Maelie[/name] sound a lot alike, they’re just very “L” heavy. I much prefer [name]Anneliese[/name].

This is the first time I have seen [name]Maelie[/name], and I love it! :slight_smile: So cute, feminine, beautiful. My first instinct with pronunciation is ‘[name]May[/name]-lee’ is that how you are pronouncing it as well? However, I am not sure if I prefer [name]Maelie[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name]…I love both! With sibling [name]Laila[/name], I would probably go w/ [name]Anneliese[/name], b/c while I do think [name]Laila[/name] and [name]Maelie[/name] have a certain nice ring to them, I think [name]Laila[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] sound stunning together! Also, I cant decide how I feel about the ‘ay’ sound in both [name]Laila[/name] and [name]Maelie[/name], I like the similar sounds but it is a large part of both of the names…however, they both have different ending sounds so I guess that wouldnt matter. Maybe it is just my instinct then, but I think [name]Laila[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] sound stunning together! :slight_smile: Good luck!

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Mae[/name] wins my vote.

[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Mae[/name] for me:-)

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Mae[/name] for me too. I agree that [name]Maelie[/name] sounds too close to [name]Laila[/name] - maybe you could name her [name]Mae[/name] instead? Or [name]Maeve[/name]??

I prefer [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Mae[/name], too. I think [name]Maelie[/name] and [name]Laila[/name] are too similar sounding.

I agree! :0)

I do like mae as a first name but or last name is also a short one syllable name so I don’t feel like it sounds right.

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is gorgeous :slight_smile:

[name]Laila[/name] and [name]Maelie[/name] sound similiar. [name]Maelie[/name] sounds a little made up to me, but I love the name [name]Mae[/name] as a first name alone. It’s so feminine and classic. :slight_smile:

My vote would be [name]Mae[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]. Not a fan of [name]Maelie[/name].

I am the dissenter of the group. I agree that [name]Maelie[/name] and [name]Leila[/name] have similar sounds, but theres not necessarily anything wrong with that. Think about how adorable the sib-set could sound: [name]Mae[/name] and Ley. And regardless of the similar sound, [name]Maelie[/name] would inevitably end up going by [name]Mae[/name], so you would have [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Leila[/name], which I think sound adorable together. If you are leaning toward [name]Maelie[/name] as much as your husband is, I would go for it. It will be adorable, and it is a fantastic unique name!

That said, [name]Annaliese[/name] is a beautiful name as well. Not sure if you’re going to pronounce it -lise or -lisa, but -lisa and leila are sound similar too… are you truly leaning toward either???