Maggie - Longer name?

Hello Berries!

I have always loved the name [name]Maggie[/name]. To be honest, I don’t even mind it as a full name. Usually I’m not huge on nn as full names, but I would make an exception for this. However, if we have a child, she’ll have a last name ending in -ie and that’s just too much for me.

I’ve gone through a million name and the one I seem to like the most as a possibility is [name]Marguerite[/name] (I’m half-French w/citizenship so I like that there’s some heritage in there too), but to be honest, I’ve always liked that name better in the middle.

So I’m looking for thoughts and suggestions! Thanks :slight_smile:

(Also on a random M name note - what do you think of [name]Malena[/name]? Mah-lay-nah)

What about these:
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Margery[/name]/[name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Magali[/name]
Magalie
[name]Magda[/name]
[name]Magdala[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Magdolna[/name]
Magdusia
[name]Magnolia[/name]
Manga
[name]Marga[/name]
Margarta
[name]Margaux[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]

Although, I think you could get away with pretty much any Ma- name…

[name]Margot[/name]'s my favourite name for the nn [name]Maggie[/name]. I do like [name]Marguerite[/name] too though. I recently met a baby [name]Maggie[/name] and it was lovely on her :slight_smile:

I know a 3 year old [name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]. She always gets compliments on her full name, and I think it will age better than [name]Maggie[/name].
[name]Malena[/name] is pretty, although it does appear and sound ‘made up’…it looks like Magdelena with something missing. I much prefer [name]Magdalena[/name], but I still think [name]Malena[/name] is beautiful (although it would be more of a stretch to get to nn [name]Maggie[/name])

My favorite is [name]Margaret[/name] because it is classic and sounds very smart. Paired with a more modern middle name it would be perfectly adorable. ([name]Margaret[/name] [name]Reid[/name])

I know of a [name]Magdalene[/name] who goes by [name]Maggie[/name]. She’s a super cute little girl who is very proud of her unique full name but totally fits her nn of [name]Maggie[/name].

My favorite is [name]Margaret[/name] (i usually tend to pick the most classic one) but [name]Magdalena[/name] is cool! [name]Love[/name] [name]Maggie[/name].

My full name is [name]Marguerite[/name] but I go by [name]Maggie[/name] 99% of the time. I also know a [name]Maggie[/name] and that’s her full name and a [name]Magdalena[/name] who also goes by [name]Maggie[/name].