Maggie?

I love [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] but I’m iffy about [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. It’s a family name so that’s nice but I just don’t have adoration for it like I do other names. What is your opinion of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]? I dislike other full names such as [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], etc. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is the only one I’d be willing to use.

I love Maggie! Margaret is a really nice, strong classic name. While it does not quite sparkle for me either, I do not think you would regret using it. It is great that it has a family connection for you. If you love Maggie, and would use that pretty much all the time, I think Margaret works. But I would be sure to use a middle that you really adore.

I know you are focused on Margaret, but thought I would toss out Marguerite as a suggestion. The only Maggie I know is a Marguerite, which I think is quite pretty. Oh, and I also think a first/middle combo could give you Maggie… something like Mary Grace. Hope that makes sense!

Good luck :slight_smile:

In your case I would just use [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. It definitely stands alone as a full name- my aunt is a [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], not short for anything, and I’ve known another [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] who wasn’t [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or anything else either.

I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] but I also like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] on it’s own. I think it’s a strong enough nickname to easily work as a full name.

I agree with this 100%.

I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] on it’s own!

I think [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is fine on its own and if you’re not in love with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (and would likely call her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] the majority of the time), I’d use just [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].