Magnolia

See the results of this poll: Magnolia is…

Respondents: 34 (This poll is closed)

• Adorable and slightly quirky: 25 (74%)
  • Super weird, but pretty: 9 (26%)
  • A terrible name in all regards!: 0 (0%)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]! :slight_smile: I chose the first voting option. :slight_smile:

1. What do you think of [name]Magnolia[/name]? : I love it! I think it’s sweet and spunky, and I love the visual I get with it.

2. [name]Do[/name] you think she would make a good sister for [name]Dashiell[/name]? I do. I think it’s more offbeat than [name]Dashiell[/name], but I can still see it.

3. If we’d call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name], do you think the name should be [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name]? I like the flow better with [name]Elizabeth[/name] first, but would use [name]May[/name] more often when calling her name.

I love the [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] nickname! [name]How[/name] cute! I like [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] better, too, even with the back-to-back vowel beginning/ending.

I hope school is going well!

Take care! :slight_smile:

I think its quirky. Its funny coz i like [name]Maggie[/name] and have struggled to come up with a longer version as i don’t like [name]Margaret[/name] - [name]Magnolia[/name] is perfect!
The only negative connotation - and this maybe a UK thing - is that its said that we British are very boring with our home decor and that everywhere, every home, is safe [name]Magnolia[/name].

Personally prefer [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] to break up the MM sound to the name. Depends what you like i suppose.

[name]Lovely[/name] choice of a super weird, and thus brilliant, name!

I voted for weird, but pretty. I like [name]Magnolia[/name], but it is a very daring choice. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Maggie[/name], though.
Have you considered [name]Magdalena[/name] as the full name!

This is such a coincidence, just yesterday my husband and I were in the botanical gardens and agreed that [name]Magnolia[/name] would be a great name. My only hesitation would actually be the assocaition with the Grateful Dead song ([name]Sugar[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]), but maybe that is just because I am old and live in San [name]Francisco[/name].

I also am not sure I myself could actually pull the trigger and use the name, but I do love it.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Lyndsay[/name]!
A few questions:

1. What do you think of [name]Magnolia[/name]? - I think I know you well enough to say that [name]Magnolia[/name] would be a great choice for a daughter in your family. You guys seem like you have good taste and are a little offbeat. [name]Magnolia[/name] is a beautiful and warm name that has a lot of character.
  2. [name]Do[/name] you think she would make a good sister for [name]Dashiell[/name]? - Yes
  3. If we’d call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name], do you think the name should be [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name]? I like the flow better with [name]Elizabeth[/name] first, but would use [name]May[/name] more often when calling her name. - [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] is so cute, and you could call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] - why not?
  • I didn’t vote in the poll because I didn’t agree with any of the answers to the question. I would say [name]Magnolia[/name] is adorable and quirky, not adorable and slightly quirky.

I think [name]Magnolia[/name] is super cute, so adorable and with just enough quirkiness. [name]Maggie[/name]/[name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] is a lovely nickname too. As for the full name, I’d say [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] sounds the best, it’s amazing! And there is no reason why you couldn’t still call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] anyway. Overall - love it!

I think it’s really cute! I agree with the majority on all of your questions. The nn [name]Nolie[/name] is also adorable.

I voted super weird but pretty. I didn’t intend ‘super weird’ to mean too weird though. I might not be brave enough to use it but it is a pretty name and has good connotations. I think it is cute with [name]Dashiell[/name]. I love the nn [name]Maggie[/name] (agree that [name]Magnolia[/name] is prettier than [name]Margaret[/name]). I think you could go with [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] and still call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a note that the first thing I think of when I hear [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] is the [name]Rod[/name] [name]Stewart[/name] song - and I am not of the [name]Rod[/name] [name]Stewart[/name] fan generation.

I voted for the ‘weird but pretty’ option.

1. What do you think of [name]Magnolia[/name]? I think it’s too over the top and fairytale-ish for me, personally, but it does have a lovely sound and meaning, not to mention the cute nickname option of [name]Maggie[/name].

2. [name]Do[/name] you think she would make a good sister for [name]Dashiell[/name]? Honestly, not really… I see [name]Dashiell[/name] as a handsome, serious surname, and [name]Magnolia[/name] as a fanciful floral name. It’s not the worst combination in the world, though, and the contrast is slightly appealing in a way.

3. If we’d call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name], do you think the name should be [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name]? In terms of flow, I prefer [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]-- I love the alliteration, and it flows wonderfully. However, since [name]Magnolia[/name] is more frilly and whimsical and not as substantial (to me), I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] right next to [name]Magnolia[/name] grounds it a little.

Good luck!

I think the name is sweet and quirky. I actually know a little [name]Magnolia[/name] and their parents are trying to think of a name for their little boy. Maybe I’ll suggest [name]Dashiell[/name]. :slight_smile:

I like the flow of [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] the best and you could still call her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name].

Great choice!

My name is [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Polley[/name]…given at birth. I was named after the JJ [name]Cale[/name] song, '[name]Magnolia[/name]" [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], all have a meaning that go back to “[name]PEARL[/name]”, my last name means: “of the pool”, in french. Therefore, my whole name means [name]Pearl[/name] of the the [name]May[/name] Pool. I am not French, I am Irish and Danish. Since you are considering naming your child [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name], I thought I would add all of that in…Funny, I have NEVER met anyone named [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] before and honestly I have been very grateful for that. Everyone loves my name…it has done me personally, a lot of favors to have an unforgettable name. Children did make fun of me as a child for it and I was [name]Maggie[/name] through high school. My father calls me [name]Noli[/name], but he is the only one. Most call me [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Magi[/name], or [name]Mags[/name]. Good [name]Luck[/name]! I like [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] best. It is a beautiful name, it is not weird or quirky, I am not a southern bell, I am a strong woman with a strong personality. The name by nature, calls a lot of attention to the person. In my opinion, I would never choose to be named anything else:)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

I adore [name]Magnolia[/name]! I think she would make a great little sis for [name]Dashiell[/name]. I don’t think it’s weird at all”I know a [name]Violet[/name], an [name]Iris[/name], several Hazels”and I think [name]Magnolia[/name] fits right in. In fact I would probably use [name]Magnolia[/name] if I didn’t live in the South. My Northern in-laws would die :slight_smile:

p.s. I love the nickname “[name]Noli[/name]” as well. Super cute!

I think [name]Magnolia[/name] is perfect for those who love the quirky and off-beat.

I think either order for middles work.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Maggie[/name]!