Magnus for a girl?

Pretty sure the -us ending designates a male noun in Latin, while an -a ending refers to a woman. Think of alumnus/alumna. So perhaps Magna would work?

It is really masculine in every way. I could get on board with Magnis. The -is suffix was often used in Medieval and Germanic feminine names. Magnis seems like it could very easily have been a Medieval variation of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

I think [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is too masculine.

If you like the nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] there are loads of ways to get to it without using the very traditionally masculine [name_m]Magnus[/name_m].

Nope don’t like it at all. I immediately think of Magnum condoms and then Magnum PI. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is all male to me.

I can definitely see the appeal. I agree that it’s a bit “out there” (as of right now), but I think it could potentially work… I always considered [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] or [name_u]James[/name_u] as boys name, but now they’re considered girl names.

I like the suggestion of Magnis. I also thought of [name_f]Mags[/name_f], Magne/Magni, and Magna.

Go for it!

Personally I don’t think so sorry, [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is cute tho!

Magna or [name_f]Magda[/name_f] sure…but I don’t personally care for [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] on a girl.

I’m sorry but no

no, No, NO!

I cannot say “no” in sufficiently strong terms. No. Nope. No, no no no.