Magnus Madden... too much?

We dont have a middle name yet… but is [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Madden[/name_u] to much to say? Madden is our last name.
Any pitfalls of [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] we dont know about?
thanks

The [name_f]Mag[/name_f]- and Mad- beginnings are a bit too close in sound imo. I love the name on paper, but I’m stumbling over it saying it out loud.

Others may have a different opinion though.

I think it’s too much. They almost rhyme. However, I like both of the names! [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is a great name.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to Nameberry!

I love [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]! Is [name_u]Madden[/name_u] an honour name or otherwise important to you? [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Madden[/name_u] has an unusual amount of alliteration but it wouldn’t have to be a deal breaker for me, especially if it flowed well into a last name. However, if they are both names you just like, and you can consider other options then I would be inclined to go for a different combination :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wait, I think I misunderstood! Is [name_u]Madden[/name_u] your last name? I was thinking it was a middle - sorry! Must read more carefully!!

1 Like

I actually don’t personally think it’s a deal breaker. It’s not ideal but I don’t find it difficult to say and because of the different endings and the g versus the d in the middle of each name I think it’s ok. The name [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is fantastic!

It’s very close but [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is such a great name

A bit hard to say but not unusable

I think it’s fine :slight_smile:

I actually think it sounds really fun and memorable! [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Madden[/name_u] definitely has lots of repetitive sounds, but I like it and don’t find it too hard to say.

It would make a great character name (in a good way!) [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Madden[/name_u] would definitely be a key plot-changing character, rather than an insignificant supporting role :grin:

2 Likes

Its a bit if a tongue twister imo. But nice names!

I’ll suggest ideas that aren’t as matchy:
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Massimo[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Odin[/name_m]

It is slightly over the line, which is a shame because [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Madden[/name_u] has a great sound.

Magnus [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

I really like it! It sounds so awesome and powerful.

1 Like