Magnus

What are your thoughts on the name [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]? It’s a name I’ve softened to recently, but I think it has a great deal of potential. I think a little [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] would be adorable, but I wonder if it’s a heavy name to carry as an adult.

I love [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]! He’s strong, not too popular, and has the greatest meaning (no pun intended :wink:). Plus, he’s got the cute nn [name_m]Gus[/name_m]!

1 Like

Whenever I tell hubby a name he always comes back at me with what an immature child would associate the name with and vetoes it, which gets pretty annoying as a lover of names. But sometimes he has a point.

When I told him [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] he said Magnum condom…

I think it sounds lovely though.

1 Like

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is such a handsome name!! Not trendy or overused, but simultaneously strong and soft. There are so many nickname possibilities with [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], such as [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_m]Gus[/name_m], [name_m]Max[/name_m], and [name_m]Mack[/name_m].
I don’t think it would be too heavy for an adult at all.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]. It would be adorable on a child but fits and man really well.

1 Like

I think [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] (especially with the nn Max) would be amazing and a nickname like [name_m]Max[/name_m] or [name_m]Gus[/name_m] I think really lightens the heaviness of it.

1 Like

When I hear [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] I thinking of the fiction horror podcast The [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] Archives… Take that as you will, I myself am a bit morbid and sick in the head so that horror association actually makes the name better for me.

I believe it’s a very strong name, do you know the feeling of a name that feels immense when you say it? Like the mouth feel is distinctly different and it makes you think “damn, that’s a heavy name,” that’s [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] for me, but without the clunkiness of the name [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is great - it is bold and strong - reminds me a bit of mountains - but it doesn’t feel too heavy to me, that softer M and S sounds help. I think [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] could be very endearing on a child (or any age really) but you’ve also got the nickname options of [name_f]Mags[/name_f], [name_m]Mack[/name_m], [name_m]Maz[/name_m]. [name_m]Gus[/name_m] too

1 Like

I know a young [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] (in his early 20s. A super tall and kind Norwegian man). He carries it very well, it’s as normal as [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] honestly :blush: To me [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is very handsome, strong name :blush:

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] personally, mainly because unfortunately it does remind me of Magnum brands… but it’s still quite handsome and depending on location would probably go great without a hitch.

1 Like

It is a lovely name. I don’t think I would use it though because it sounds like M-Agnes.

1 Like

I adore the nn [name_m]Mack[/name_m] for [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]! Thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

I definitely do know what you mean. One of our other potential names for this kiddo is [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], which I feel is heavy like [name_m]Magnus[/name_m].

I really like [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]. Like @Parfait_de_Roses, the [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] I know is Norwegian, and he made me like his name! It’s fun and a little bit different, but I think it still works really well.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of word names, especially descriptor names, so I personally would not choose [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]. To me, it does seem like a big name for an adult or a child to carry. It is bold and a little overbearing to me. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest hesitation would be if if it was given to a timid person who doesn’t want attention drawn to himself, and that person would probably be embarrassed by his name or by having to introduce himself with the name. If someone who is lively and outgoing had the name, I think it could be a good name he would be proud of. I generally struggle with names that could be loved or hated by the name-wearer depending on their personality

1 Like

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is super lovely! I agree that [name_m]Gus[/name_m] works well… or even [name_m]Max[/name_m], too! I would love to meet a little [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], and I think he ages well.

1 Like