• Other(comment plz!)

0 voters

Definitely [name_f]Maya[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love the look of [name_f]Maia[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I really prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f]. Two reason-

1. The pronunciation is more obvious. Some people may say [name_f]Maya[/name_f] as ‘[name_f]May[/name_f]-uh’. I’m guessing you want ‘[name_f]My[/name_f]-uh’.

2. With so many unnecessary 'y’s sneaking their way into names these days, I like to stay away from 'y’s in my middle of names when possible. [name_f]Maia[/name_f] just looks sleeker.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

I much prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f]! I don’t dislike [name_f]Maya[/name_f] but I always prefer the way “aia” looks in names with this sound. FWIW, I’ve never heard anyone say [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] differently (always my-uh) so that doesn’t factor into my decision at all.

3 Likes

Hard to decide! I like the simplicity of [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but I ended up choosing [name_f]Maia[/name_f] because so few names have the gorgeous aia

1 Like

I agree with @SparkleNinja18 and @IrinaNicolaStrong! I do adore [name_f]Maya[/name_f] but I love the look of [name_f]Maia[/name_f].

2 Likes

I never know how people want [name_f]Maia[/name_f]/Maya pronounced (I’ve been to school with one pronounced [name_f]May[/name_f]-ya [Maia] and taught a few called [name_f]My[/name_f]-ya [Maya]).

Both look nice though. I’d make my decisions based on middle and surname to see which balances out nicer.

I knew a [name_f]Maiya[/name_f]

Maia looks prettier to me, but [name_f]Maya[/name_f] is more common where I live.

I much prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f]!

Personally, I much prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f]!