Maisie as a nickname for Esmée/Esmerée

See the results of this poll: Could Maise work as a nickname for Esmée/Esmerée

Respondents: 33 (This poll is closed)

• Yes it could work : 12 (36%)
  • Yes, but it is a bit of a stretch : 10 (30%)
  • No… it is too much of a stretch : 11 (33%)
  • I am indifferent/ doesn’t matter: 0 (0%)

I think it could definitely work! I think just about anything with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]May[/name_f] could easily be nicknamed [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. I’m with you on this one, btw. I absolutely adore the name [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], but would want something more substantial to put on the b/c (and I’m also not a huge fan of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]). [name_f]Esme[/name_f]/Esmée would be perfect for that :slight_smile:

Sis, I’m glad i’m not the only one that likes this combo… I like the name [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and it just hit me one day maybe I could throw [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] (a name I love) into the mix as it seems to fit.

Yerp, no issue here. The ‘may’ sound of [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is in Esmee(inc accent) so it works fine.

renrose I think so as well, However I just wanted a some more opinions to make sure it wasn’t too outlandish

Honestly I think it’s a bit of a stretch but it could work. I think that if people use [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] it could work for Esmèe/Esmerée.

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] could work at a nickname for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

Curious to know why people are thinking this is a stretch? In my mind…

‘ez-may’ > ‘may’ > ‘may-zee’

…makes total sense.

Renrose That’s what I thought as well… it is just a rearrangement of some of the sounds in the name as they have alot of the same letters in common.

In my mind it makes perfect sense

Yeah, I’m with [name_u]Ren[/name_u]. It totally works. I guess if you say Esmeree really fast you might not hear a “may” sound, but that’s not a problem for Esmee.