Major Change in Direction - Lia

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer

Respondents: 15 (This poll is closed)

• Julia Mary Lorraine (Lia): 10 (67%)
  • Elsa Julia: 2 (13%)
  • Elisabeth Julia: 3 (20%)

I love the flow of [name]Julia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] (I think that [name]Julia[/name] is a beautiful name), and how the [name]Lia[/name] nickname will allow you to get close to [name]Leah[/name], a name you truly love.

I love [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Julia[/name], too, but I think that [name]Julia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] has a better flow.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Julia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is a perfect compromise, and a lovely name! I love the name [name]Julia[/name], and the whole name has perfect flow. The others just don’t compare-- [name]Elisabeth[/name] is a little boring compared to [name]Julia[/name], and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Julia[/name] doesn’t flow well at all. I think [name]Lia[/name] is a really creative nickname for [name]Julia[/name], and you get to use two names you love combined into one!

Obviously some people in the family will call her [name]Julia[/name] no matter what. (And that would be OK… since [name]Julia[/name] will be her name after all!) But my husband and I and our kids will probably call her “[name]Lia[/name]” right away and will probably use that name on all but the official documents. [name]Do[/name] you think we’ll be able to get the family to buy into “[name]Lia[/name]” and call her that too? [name]Do[/name] you like the ring of “[name]Lia[/name] [name]Stanford[/name]”?

I love [name]Julia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]! [name]How[/name] beautiful - and you get to honor everyone with the bonus of a name AND nickname that you love!

I like the idea of you and your family calling her [name]Lia[/name] right away. Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about whether the extended family follows suit. As you say, [name]Julia[/name] is her name afterall! Your calling her [name]Lia[/name] will let others know what the acceptable nickname is (to avoid [name]Julie[/name], although I don’t see a huge risk there as they are two different names) so they know what to shorten it to when desired.