Make me a sib set? :)

Hubby and I love to ponder names of our future children.
Here’s our favorite names. I know some of them won’t work as a sib set (ie- [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Roman[/name]). I’d love to hear ideas from all of you on which names you think make the best sets. We are thinking we will maybe have 3 children. [name]Feel[/name] free to add any name that you think will fit!

Girls:
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]/[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]

Boys:
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]

I struggle with boy names. Oh, and our last name sounds like [name]March[/name], but instead starts with the letter B.
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beckett[/name], but [name]Beckett[/name] Barch is just too much I think.

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

[name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Camille[/name].
[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], and perhaps [name]Cordelia[/name].
[name]Camille[/name] and [name]Norah[/name].

I’m reluctant to pair more than one of your boys’ names together, just because they all end in -n and while it’s not really that much of a problem, I like to be a perfectionist in these still-hypothetical situations.

I’m also preferring names in the style of [name]Beckett[/name] with your girls’ names, as while they are still modern they blend better with the more classic vintage flavour of your choices for girls. [name]Weston[/name] I think is the best of your -n ending names with the girls’ choices, although I also think [name]Nolan[/name] sounds good with [name]Aria[/name].

Some non-N ending names which remind me of your choices, especially [name]Beckett[/name] :
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
Hartford
[name]Redford[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Whitman[/name]/[name]Whitaker[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

Thank you, auburn! [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Camille[/name] is always the first set that comes together in my head! :slight_smile: I guess that means its pretty good, huh :wink:

I have the same problem with the N ending boys. I don’t know what it is about them, but I’m hooked! [name]Rowan[/name] is my favorite and [name]Weston[/name] comes in second. I love [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name], but I’m very leary to use them with “Barch”. I think we need more than 1 syllable. With [name]Beckett[/name] I’ve been told its TOO much next to Barch. So sad… I so love [name]Beckett[/name].

[name]Harris[/name] I like as a nn to [name]Harrison[/name], no surprise there :wink:
I’ve tried to convince hubby to like [name]Everett[/name], but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I like [name]Tobias[/name] a lot, but my best friend growing up had a dog named [name]Toby[/name]. I just think that steals for me :confused:

I’d love more suggestions if you’d like to give some :slight_smile:
Thanks so much!

I really like your girl’s list, especially [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Camille[/name]. I think [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] would make a gorgeous sibset. Others:

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Isla[/name], [name]Nora[/name], and [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Nora[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], and [name]Camilla[/name]

Your boy’s names don’t go together very well because of the endings. I think the best are:

[name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]

Right now I’d say [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Camille[/name] top my list. I know we’re in so much trouble if we have more than one boy :wink:

Well, the secret to building a sib set is:

1. Choose three names that you love so much(since you’re having three kids)

2. If they dont work together, finds names that mean the same thing.

That’s a decent idea, except I don’t much care what a name means. I might consider not using a name only if the meaning is truly awful. Otherwise, it doesn’t really matter to me.

My problem with sib sets is that my boys names sound pretty similar. I’ll be okay if we have 2 girls/1 boy.
Today I would name them [name]Camille[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], and [name]Rowan[/name].

But, if we have 2 boys/1 girl it would be something like [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Weston[/name], and [name]Camille[/name]. It sounds pretty matchy…