Make me love Caspian

I like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but I don’t love it. I really want to love it, it has everything I want and seems right up my alley but I just can’t. I know that it’s a Nameberry favorite though, so make me love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]!

It’s actually my son’s name. I love that it’s literary, but not as popular as [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. I love that it’s similar to many well-established names like [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Cassander[/name_m], and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]. I love that it’s the ancient name of the city we live in. And lastly, I love that it’s the name of the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sea[/name_u]. It’s a gorgeous place. It can be so gentle and calming, yet there’s always a strength under the surface. Swimmers know to be careful, as many people have been swept out to sea. During storms, the waves crash to shore with an amazing intensity. So to me, it’s soft and gentle but strong and powerful at the same time. It’s modern, but not. Plus, most people can recognize and spell it.

6 Likes

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is so magical and soft and elegant and bright

3 Likes

Hmmm… I don’t know if I can help turn like into love haha. A lot of why I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] so deeply is quite specific.

For me [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is just the perfect name. Take sound and visually. The hard C slipping into the softness of the S, and the P giving a step up into the -ian. It’s the ideal balance of hard and soft, and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of saying it. It looks perfect too. I can’t explain why, it just does.

Then there’s the imagery and associations. There’s so much fun and energy in the name. Caspian’s strong, brave, but kind, caring, gentle, and full of hope, magic, and adventure. Both the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sea[/name_u] contribute to that I think, and I love the literary and nature connection. All of that imagery makes me want to fill his life with wonder and beauty. It reminds me of watching the old BBC adaptation all warm, comfy, and cosy with my mum. It’s happy, joyful, excitable, and playful, and that’s what I want for my kids too. I love the image I get from the name, and I can’t wait to see how that will change and grow and develop on a real person. For me [name_m]Cas[/name_m] also honours one of my all time favourite characters. Not to mention the possibility of nn [name_m]Cap[/name_m] (two more great characters, one of which is another favourite).

It’s like everything came together to make the perfect name. I do wish fewer people agreed, but it makes sense. It’s the one name I’d ignore popularity for, so it’s very special haha.

2 Likes

I think it’s such a cool name! [name_m]Casper[/name_m] always reminds me of the friendly ghost. But [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]? [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] makes me think of adventure. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] sounds like a pirate who leads his crew across the world. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] has a soft sound in the ending but a strong and attention grabbing sound in the front. It’s not overly common but I feel like most people have at least heard of [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

1 Like

@tfzolghadr @Greyblue @AmyVermeersch @Myosotis Thank you! I’m liking [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] more and more.

3 Likes

I will also add that literally the cutest thing in the world is when a 3 year old talks about “my sea.” I also play Phish’s “Prince Caspian” as a lullaby for him.

2 Likes