Make room for Walter?

My Fiances father is named [name]Walter[/name], and recently he’s expressed an interest in giving one of our future sons his fathers name, as a middle name. (This is also his grandfathers name)
The problem? We have combos that we already love, and [name]Walter[/name] just doesn’t seem to fit in there anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where we could fit in [name]Walter[/name], or should we just cut our losses and not attempt to use it at all? I’m really unwilling to change our current combos as I absolutely love them, and to have two middle names will give our kids very long names with a 3 syllable last name. I would be open to an entirely new combo with [name]Walter[/name] in the middle to add to the list for consideration, but also don’t have any more first names that we agree on, and don’t want [name]Walter[/name] as a first name.

Our current combos are:

[name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (This one has been set for 4+ years now!)
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Alcott[/name]
[name]Theron[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]

I just want to say that I think [name]Walter[/name] is a strong, manly name, and would be a terrific middle name. (It also happens to be one of my nephew’s middle names.) However, I don’t see how to use [name]Walter[/name] without disrupting one of the combinations to which you’ve become attached. I think the first step in deciding if you can use [name]Walter[/name] is to see if you can fall in love with another first name that would go well with it.

Good luck!

I think [name]Walter[/name] would fine as a first name. I love the combos you’ve finalized :slight_smile:

Here’s some I think you might like as first names for [name]Walter[/name] that go with your other names (Greek/Greek Myth, Slavic, Irish/Scottish):

[name]Orion[/name]
Alastor
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]
Attis
Nessus
[name]Theseus[/name]
[name]Cadmus[/name]
[name]Myles[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Artemus[/name]
[name]Cyprian[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Gavril[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Quillon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Casimir[/name]
[name]Marek[/name]
[name]Brennan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Devlin[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Kellen[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

Our boy combo is [name]Desmond[/name] [name]Walter[/name] and we absolutely love it. [name]Walter[/name] is a family name for us, as well, and I just love using family names. They have so much meaning. I think dantea has made some excellent suggestions.

We do really want to honour family with the name [name]Walter[/name], but there’s SO many Walters in the family (at least 5 in the family we see at least once a year!) and we want our children to feel they have unique or special names for them, not like they share a name with every other family member, so it definitely can’t go in the first name position. [name]Even[/name] a nickname for [name]Walter[/name] wouldn’t really help, because all the Walters have taken the nicknames too! We could consider giving him [name]Walter[/name] as a first name, and then him going by his middle name, but I find it odd to do that, because, well why not just give them the middle name as a first name!?

Dantea, as usual, I love your suggestions!!! So many of them we can’t use because we know people that have used them already :frowning: And [name]Andrew[/name] thinks some of them sound too girly!! (He really loves a masculine sounding name! Anything like [name]Julian[/name]/[name]Dorian[/name] throws him off completely!)
Loving:
[name]Cadmus[/name] - (Bonus love because of HP reference haha!)
[name]Orion[/name]
Alastor - But I think I prefer [name]Alasdair[/name], but so many people dislike it! I think I love this option the most so far!
[name]Damon[/name]

I really want to find a way to make this work, it would mean so much to his father and grandmother! /brainstorms!

I think [name]Alasdair[/name] is fine. I only put down Alastor as it’s a Greek version ^^. As long as the double R sounds in [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Alasdair[/name] don’t bother you, I think [name]Alasdair[/name] [name]Walter[/name] Is very cool. As long as [name]Andrew[/name] likes it I think you’ve got a good option there. And [name]Alasdair[/name] goes very nicely with the other kids ^^

[name]Andrew[/name] LOVES [name]Cadmus[/name] [name]Walter[/name]. Loves it! Not sure if [name]Cadmus[/name] is really useable irl though?? Or if a little [name]Cadmus[/name] will fit next to my other names?

I think it works just as well as your other boy names. I think it sounds good with them too :slight_smile: [name]Cadmus[/name] was the founder kind of Thebes, so that’s cool.

[name]Cadmus[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is terrific :slight_smile: