Making Lists?

This has got to be some sort of stupidity record, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to create a list on Nameberry? I have a babynames.com list where I generally keep my name list so I’ve never felt the need to use this feature with Nameberry, but thought it might be fun/useful and I wanted to check it out… but try as I might, I cannot figure out how to get it started lol. [name_m]Can[/name_m] somebody help a poor girl out? I couldn’t even find a “how to” anywhere to create a list, which I assumed would be somewhere on Nameberry, but maybe I’m wrong lol.

Thanks, lovelies!
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]

On the home page of the site, in the top right hand corner, there is a little person icon.

If you hover over that and select ‘account’, it should take you to your account page, where your favorite names and lists are stored. The lists should be the first section under your email address and username, and if you scroll to the bottom of the section, there is an option to ‘create a list’ with an arrow.

Obviously, mine are organized like so. (Though I wish there were a way to reorder them because I unintentionally created them out of order.) :wink:

Does this help? If you need more or have more specific questions, let me know. I’m happy to help if I can!

1 Like

@elanorelle is right…BUT right now the function isn’t working, and the function that lets you start a list from the name page isn’t working either. But @ashthedreamer It’s not you, it’s us – the new platform is getting its act together in this way. I’ll add it to the list of bugs and glitches to fix in the coming days…

1 Like

I take that back, @ashthedreamer and @elanorelle – a minute ago the Create a List feature wasn’t working from my account page (aka the little person icon) but now it is. Still not added to the name page, though.

2 Likes

lol, I was going to say, I definitely just created 4 lists! hahaha.

@elanorelle - you’re a lifesaver, thank you! I appreciate the help.

1 Like

There seems be some glitches in creating lists still @pam - I’ve never used lists either so thought I’d have a go. When I clicked on Create a list from my account, it took me to a blank page that kept trying to reload, and then I got an error message (just a generic “an error occurred”). When I went back to my account (closed the error page and opened a new tab), there were 150+ new blank lists (I stopped counting after 150). I’m on an iPhone.

I guess there’s nothing for it but to delete the lists individually to get rid off them? I might have to give up on using my Nameberry account to save my favourite names - now I have to scroll past all those lists before I can get to the names I’ve hearted, and I don’t really feel like spending an afternoon deleting all those empty lists. :sweat_smile:

I mostly use the forums and just recently tried saving/hearting my favourite names as well so I haven’t lost anything major but thought I’d report the glitch all the same!

1 Like

Oooh, yes, I’ve run into this too. Not 150 blank lists worth, but still probably at least 30, and couldn’t find a way to scroll through multiple pages to get to where the actual list I created was. I just deleted them manually, but good to know I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Oh, definitely good to know it’s not just me as well! @ashthedreamer

It’s honestly quite funny how many lists nameberry gave me in one go… I had to record a screencast for full effect. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow no kidding. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Now you have a great source of names :joy:

1 Like

Yes :rofl:

Wow, @Luminen, that’s a lot of lists! I have just tried this and I must have 100 or so. I will definitely let the team know!

I’m just going to leave mine for now. We may need to delete manually but a fix may also just delete them for us so let’s wait and see.

1 Like

Oops the same happened to me :neutral_face::grin:

That’s funny, not gonna lie.

2 Likes

@Luminen @ethelmary @ashthedreamer

I’ve been told the multiple lists issue has been fixed. Is anyone willing to be a guinea pig and test this out please? :pray:

I can’t tell whether it’s working for me or not because I have soooo many lists by now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Either it’s working now, or I have too many lists and couldn’t see there are more :grin:

1 Like

This is my problem :joy: Thank you, hopefully someone else can confirm.

I found a way to test, and sadly there are more lists :frowning: I changed the name of the last list, then I create a list and there were multiple new lists.

“JUST TESTING” is the one I used.

2 Likes

I just tried it, and it gave me several new lists, too. Though not quite as many as above! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I tried your trick @ethelmary and the same is happening for me. The weird part is, I made several TEST LISTS and new lists were added not just at the end, but between my test lists each time.

2 Likes

All the empty lists are gone for me now (phew, so glad I didn’t have to do that manually!!) & I tried creating a new list and only got the one.

Looks like it’s fixed - I’m so excited by this. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :heart: Thanks @katinka & everyone else on the team!

1 Like