Making Lists?

I just successfully created 2 lists with no problems, so either you and @ethelmary and I aren’t creating our lists the same way, or the issue has been fixed? lol. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

It’s fixed, I guess :slight_smile:

Yes, it has been fixed!

I still can’t add names to my lists

1 Like

@Randomdude555 Are you pressing Enter after typing each name in?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, I’ve never made an user list before, but I don’t see an enter-button, only a save-button. And when I press Save, the names just disappear.

1 Like

After you type each name you click “enter” on your keyboard so it gets linked as a name

1 Like

As @ethelmary said, I’m talking about the keyboard button Enter. Apologies, I’ve just realised it has a different name in [name_u]America[/name_u] — Return?

If you type the name you want then hit Return, it will be added in its own grey box.

Some do, but mine (and many others) have Enter on the keyboard. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Anyway, I was going to ask about that because trying to add names to lists on mobile doesn’t work for me, and I don’t know if this is just my phone or the Chrome browser or what. When I go to hit enter (next) on the keyboard, it jumps down to ‘[name_m]Add[/name_m] new girls name’ and doesn’t save the name I entered…

(I’ll take some screenshots to show you what I mean. 1 sec)

I hope that makes sense. [name_f]My[/name_f] process is: 1) Type name. 2) Hit enter (creates little box on laptop). 3) Type next name. But on mobile, tapping next skips down to the girls box, so I can’t seem to actually add any names to lists on mobile.

(Also, the menu thing… It does this on Advanced Search mobile, too, and it’s difficult to avoid not clicking one of the menu items.)

Any help you have is appreciated! Thanks, @katinka! :slight_smile:

If the Next button is skipping to the next box down on your phone, I don’t really know what to suggest, sorry! I’m not sure if this is something we are able to change or if it’s more of a device thing.

This is on the list for a fix but I don’t think it’s been tackled yet.

Now I’m testing the lists again, I’m finding that I actually can’t save lists on mobile or desktop at the moment. If I click “save” everything but the title is erased :thinking:

Is anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering if it might be. If so, it’s totally fine. As long as lists are functioning fine on desktop, I’m not too concerned about it. But thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

About this, I have noticed that it’s complicated because there are so many different Save buttons – like, one under each feature of the lists. So if you hit the Save under the names, it won’t save any edit you made to the title. (I think it would be simpler if there were one universal Save for the entire list – title, names, tags, all of it! But I don’t know if that’s what is causing your problem…) I can test it for myself and see.

1 Like

Yes, it is strange that there are so many different Save buttons!

I’ve tried every combination of Save buttons and edits but nothing is saving. I can’t edit the title from the generic “list of names” one either.

1 Like

Okay, so I created a list, entered a title, entered one name for each gender, scrolled down under the public/private selection, and hit save. Nothing was saved except the private selection.

Then I tried just editing the title and hitting the save under the title section, and, you’re right, it did not save for me either.

(Let me know if there’s any other way I can help you test this, even later on after work has been done on it.)

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s so generous of you. I will let you know if I hear back today.

I’ll make a report to send to the tech team. This is so frustrating as it finally seemed to be working perfectly yesterday :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah I’m on mobile too

@elanorelle

We think we’ve got the user lists working again. Are you able to test please? :pray:

@Randomdude555

The “Save” button should now work to save any names you’ve entered. Are you able to hit the “Return” key on your phone or is your keyboard set up like the one in the pictures, with only a “Next” button that skips to the next section?

Only a Next button
But I can try to make a list now to see if it works for me

1 Like

I have tried four times to get into my account page to test the lists, but it just keeps loading until finally giving me a 404. :grimacing:

Really? We’re having no luck with this, are we? :weary: I have just tried my account and it loaded straight away, what browser and device are you using?