Makinlee

I love the name Makinlee for a girl but we need a middle name to go with it. I have one son [name]Michael[/name] [name]James[/name] and one daughter [name]Caylee[/name] [name]Denise[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of their middle names came from family members but I can’t find another middle name I like. [name]How[/name] does Makinlee work for a baby girl?

The spelling is a problem for me. When I saw your subject line, I had to sound it out a couple of times before I understood. If you’re determined to keep the -lee ending, I’d recommend Mackinlee. The ‘c’ helps a lot.

I would spell it [name]McKinley[/name]. Then it could be the namesake of a mountain and a president. But I am more of a traditionalist than some people. For a middle name, I would choose something short and feminine unless you have a one syllable last name.
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are really common middle names for girls, but I think they would neutralize the uncommonness of [name]McKinley[/name].
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Paige[/name]

I’ve known a handful of girls named [name]Mckinley[/name] and think that this is definently the spelling to go with (like the mountain). Another name for the mountain is also [name]Denali[/name], which I’ve a heard on little girls, too. Pretty cute. Ideas for middle names:
[name]Mckinley[/name] [name]Laura[/name]
[name]Mckinley[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Mckinley[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Mckinley[/name] [name]Adelle[/name]
[name]Mckinley[/name] [name]May[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there. I’m another one who had a big problem figuring out how to pronounce the name “Makinlee.” At first, I thought it was a typo, but then I figured out that you were creating a new spelling for [name]McKinley[/name]. As the first poster (I forget who you were!) wrote, if you really must end the name in “lee,” please, please include the “c,” sparing your baby a lifetime of having to spell and pronounce her name for everyone.

I’m a classic names lover (and one who only likes authentic spellings of names), but I do try to be really open minded with trendy names. That said, I really think that [name]McKinley[/name]/Mackinlee/Makinlee/Makinleigh, etc., isn’t a good name for a little girl.

If she happens to be a large girl, she’ll have to deal with the added burden of being named after a large mountain (let the teasing begin!). Additionly, [name]McKinley[/name] is the last name of President [name]William[/name] [name]McKinley[/name], who was assassinated.

If you really love the “Mc” beginning, how about [name]McKenna[/name], McLaine ("[name]Lainey[/name]"), or even [name]Michaela[/name]?

Here are some more middle names that work with [name]McKinley[/name]:

[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Brielle[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]True[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Blair[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name] [name]Sage[/name]

Yes, I thought it was [name]MAY[/name]-kin-lee, to kind of rhyme with makin’ tea…