Malachi?

[name]Just[/name] remembered (or re-remembered) an old favorite of mine that I haven’t thought of in a long while and I was curious what the berries think of it! [name]Malachi[/name] was my favorite boys’ name for a few years. My ex-fiance and I planned to use it for a boy after his grandfather [name]Malcolm[/name], but then we broke up, and I stopped considering it.

WDYT of [name]Malachi[/name] (possible combo [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Donald[/name] after my grandpa)?

I no longer talk to my ex, would it be weird to still use this name due to the family connection he had to it?

Any advice you have would be great. Thanks, berries!

I don’t think it would be weird to use it. If you never see your ex, he won’t know anyway. I know a little baby [name]Malachi[/name] and he’s a real cutie!

I’m not a big fan of [name]Malachi[/name] as all I can think of is Children of the Corn when I hear it. Horror movie aside, if you like the name, I see no reason not to use it. [name]Malcolm[/name] and [name]Malachi[/name] aren’t even variants of the same name (they have completely different origins and meanings), so the name really doesn’t have any connection to your ex’s family at all.

I love it! Go for it.

Oohh [name]Malachi[/name] is cool! Wow I just checked out its page and had no idea it was as popular as #163 (not that that’s super popular, but I don’t think I’ve ever met a [name]Malachi[/name]). I was looking into the similar, but unrelated, name [name]Mordecai[/name] the other day, which I also quite like - though I think [name]Malachi[/name] is a bit more versatile. Plus if you like nicknames, you’ve got [name]Mac[/name], [name]Mal[/name], [name]Cai[/name] ([name]Ky[/name]?). I agree with pp - go for it :slight_smile:

I agree…you came to discover [name]Malachi[/name] through the ex’s [name]Malcolm[/name], and had you used it I would have understood the honoring, but they’re still totally separate names. I’d say it’s fine. I really love this one - I know a little 4 year old [name]Malachi[/name], it suits him wonderfully. All best!