Malia/Malina

I’m really liking [name_f]Malia[/name_f] (Ma-Lee-uh) [name_f]Malina[/name_f]
(Ma-Lee-nuh) recently. I mainly like [name_f]Malina[/name_f] because of my love for [name_f]Malina[/name_f] Weisseman - from A series of unfortunate events , but after googling both [name_f]Melina[/name_f] and [name_f]Malina[/name_f] i found out they have different meanings [name_f]Melina[/name_f] meaning [name_f]Honey[/name_f] (which i LOVE as a nickname) and [name_f]Malina[/name_f] meaning Raspberry (which is eh). I really prefer the spelling of [name_f]Malina[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think i could still use honey with the alternate spelling? What are your opinions on the less common [name_f]Malia[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think i could still use it even though it comes from a hawaiian term [name_f]Malie[/name_f]- Peaceful or would that be insensitive as i have no Hawaiian ancestry and do not live in the states? Which is your preference? All opinions welcome

1 Like

[name_f]Melina[/name_f] is my favourite of the three- [name_f]Honey[/name_f] is a cute nn!!

[name_f]Malina[/name_f] is my second favourite -I actually think Raspberry is a sweet meaning!!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Malina[/name_f], raspberry is such a cute meaning.

1 Like

[name_f]Malina[/name_f] is beautiful!!

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Malia[/name_f] a lot! I do prefer the [name_f]Melina[/name_f] spelling and [name_f]Honey[/name_f] is such a cute meaning. I think berry could be a cute nickname also if you go with [name_f]Malina[/name_f] though! I also think the nicknames could be interchangeable, why not?! These are all pretty!

1 Like

@Greyblue @Zinnia_Bloom
You guys are making me rethink the raspberry meaning! Though i’m still not keen on the berry nickname it was a nice suggestion :))

1 Like

[name_f]Malina[/name_f] is one of my favorite names :)) it’s a popular Slavic name and I think the raspberry meaning is so cute ^^ it’s also easy to pronounce and has some nickname choices, I love it :))))

1 Like

I do like the [name_f]Melina[/name_f] spelling with the honey meaning/nickname, but I think [name_f]Malina[/name_f] with the raspberry meaning/nickname is also sooo sweet! Nickname [name_u]Berry[/name_u] for [name_f]Malina[/name_f] could be absolutely amazing. So so sweet!

I, too, love [name_f]Malina[/name_f] Weissman in A Series of Unfortunate Events — that is such a great series, so well done!

1 Like