Maliah/Maleah

Heard it on a baby girl the other day. [name]Don[/name]'t remember if it was spelled with an i or an e but it was pronounced muh-lee-uh (last part like the name [name]Leah[/name]). I thought it was very pretty.

The son of a coworker (who used to be a big kid teacher with me before he quit) has a 3 (?) year old daughter named [name]Maleah[/name]. She’s adorable. :slight_smile: I don’t like it, but I’ve heard it before at least. To me, it just seems like a misspelling/mispronunciation of [name]Aliyah[/name] or [name]Aleah[/name].

It’s quite similar to my little girls name, Maylea.
It’s similar to [name]Mariah[/name], [name]Aliyah[/name] etc.

I can’t say I like it though (I’m not Maylea’s biggest fan either tbf). Spelled [name]Maliah[/name], it reminds me too much of [name]Malia[/name], the party town. Spelled [name]Maleah[/name] it looks a tad made up. I would’ve automatically said Ma-[name]Liah[/name] or My-[name]Leah[/name] as well, not Muh-leah.

I absolutely love it, but only spelled [name]Malia[/name] (which is a Hawaiian form of [name]Mary[/name], I believe). I think [name]Malia[/name] is lovely. :slight_smile:

President [name]Obama[/name] has a daughter named [name]Malia[/name] which is the Hawaiian form of [name]Mary[/name].