Malibu Barbie đź’–

[name_f]Trisha[/name_f] has finally had her baby girl and her name is…

Malibu [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] Paytas-Hacmon :ribbon:

4 Likes

She will have the coolest name in preschool

… after that, not so much

18 Likes

Indicative of the fact she sees her daughter as a dress up doll, presumably?

10 Likes

I think Malibu is cute, Malibu [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] too cute for an grown up.

5 Likes

I don’t follow Trisha Paytas at all but from what I know this name seems like a surprisingly tame choice!

Separately I think I would like the names — place names are in, why not Malibu with a beachy vibe and nicknames like Libby, Mal, Millie, Mimi…

Barbie does have its connotations (which pairing it with Malibu definitely emphasizes, it sounds like an edition of the doll: doctor Barbie, astronaut Barbie, Malibu Barbie…) but it’s also a sweet vintage choice!

I just don’t love the names together :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Haha Malibu is pretty fun. Pairing with [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] kinda kills it… at least its just a middle name!

1 Like

Malibu [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] is a type of [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] doll!

7 Likes

You’re totally right! And, Googling it, there also appears to be a song by the same name, probably after the doll!

2 Likes

I would expect nothing less from her.

Although, she is known for doing some questionable (to put it lightly) things in order to get attention, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t the baby’s actual name. I was thinking about that a few days ago, that I could see her announcing an outrageous name for the attention, and keeping the real name a secret. We could only hope, I guess.

and if not, I suppose years from now, she may just go by [name_f]Mali[/name_f] :grimacing:

10 Likes

Malibu is pretty nice, but as a combo it really does sound like a [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] product.

2 Likes

Well, it’s definitely very [name_f]Trisha[/name_f]! I don’t enjoy the name as all that comes to mind is the Malibu [name_f]Barbie[/name_f], but I guess it works for them?

2 Likes

Malibu is quite cool. (Albeit, I’ve never been able to get over the fact these that word sounds like “caribou,” but that’s not such a deal-breaker.) Lots of nickname potential: [name_f]Mali[/name_f], [name_u]Mal[/name_u], [name_f]Malou[/name_f]! [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] is absolutely darling. Together… it’s very connected to the dolls, which I don’t like!

3 Likes

[name_f]Malibu[/name_f] is funky, but the [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] part is so tacky. I feel sorry for this child. The teasing potential is painfully high… :flushed::face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

I expected it to be worse tbh, like: “Sparkle” or “Pinky”
[name_f]Malibu[/name_f] is cute and I love the nn [name_u]Boo[/name_u]
[name_f]Barbie[/name_f] is out there but I expected the middle to be “barbie”/“pink” themed anyway. I don’t think the middle cause much problems as she doesn’t have to tell people I guess

Compared to the funks daughter “sweetie” , [name_f]Malibu[/name_f] is surprisingly tame x

2 Likes

I kind of… don’t hate it? I don’t like it either… but I feel like it could be worse lol.

[name_f]Malibu[/name_f] is actually kind of a cute name. It would be a cute nickname for someone, or make a great pet name. [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] is also kind of cute in a retro/cutesy way. Obviously the pairing of them together is… a choice. But the names on their own aren’t too bad.

7 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts exactly

Bingo

Idk if this was a thing in the UK (or even in current younger generations) but Malibu Barbie definitely had a stigma growing up. It wasnt very nice. So its definitely not one I would use.

Though I do love that you could call her Libby!

4 Likes

I don’t hate [name_f]Malibu[/name_f] but personally I would never use it. [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] is fine as nickname for [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] but together… as people have started prior is VERY [name_f]Trisha[/name_f].

If [name_f]Trisha[/name_f] had named her [name_f]Leah[/name_f] that would’ve been very out of character but surprising so I’m not super shocked at the name chosen. I just hope that when the girl gets older she doesn’t get made fun of.

1 Like

The name is very much a tribute to the Malibu Barbie toy and maybe even this scene in Never Been Kissed. I don’t hate it, it’s kinda fun!

I've come home in love with loneliness

I think Barbie on its own would have been cuter!

3 Likes