Mara with Isla?

See the results of this poll: Brynn or Mara

Respondents: 7 (This poll is closed)

• I prefer Brynn over Mara: 3 (43%)
  • Mara and Isla are too close sounding: 2 (29%)
  • I like Mara & Isla but would spell Mara Differently: 2 (29%)

I think it’s too similar to [name]Isla[/name]. I really do like [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], it’s adorable!

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name] work better together, simple as that. [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is very sweet, but I actually don’t even mind [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Monroe[/name], though it is slightly masculine.

I read that the [name]Keys[/name] were originally inhabited by Calusa and Tequesta Native Americans, so [name]Brynn[/name] Calusa could work. They were found and charted by [name]Ponce[/name] de [name]Leon[/name], so [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Leona[/name] (or [name]Leona[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] - SO CUTE WITH [name]ISLA[/name] [name]HOPE[/name]!) would be lovely. Oh, god, I just stumbled upon a name I love in [name]Leona[/name] [name]Brynn[/name].

Good luck!

Does [name]Leona[/name] sound. . .african american to you though?? Is there a famous person [name]Leona[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] maybe who is making me think that?? It’s an interesting name, could grow on me:)

thanks!

[quote=“kellihope”]

Does [name]Leona[/name] sound. . .african american to you though?? Is there a famous person [name]Leona[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] maybe who is making me think that?? It’s an interesting name, could grow on me:)

thanks![/quote]

Yes, I know about [name]Leona[/name] [name]Lewis[/name], and I guess that could make people think it was an [name]African[/name]-American name, but I don’t personally think that. I mean, it isn’t [name]LaTonya[/name] or something! Actually, a lot of [name]African[/name]-American females I know are named [name]Brittany[/name] or [name]Lauren[/name] or something like that, so I don’t really know.

[name]Leona[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] - I just learned her name is [name]Leona[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Lewis[/name], wow! - has a father of Afro-Guyanese (Guyana is a state in South [name]America[/name] that, according to Wikipedia, is culturally part of the Anglophone Caribbean) descent and a mother of Welsh descent. So, I’m guessing they weren’t going for an [name]African[/name]-American name when they chose [name]Leona[/name]…

[name]Leona[/name], for your information, is an Italian name meaning “lion.” The Hebrew name, [name]Leeona[/name], means “my strength,” and [name]Leona[/name] is a feminine form of [name]Leon[/name]. Nameberry says it is Latin for “lioness.”

I don’t know. Think about it! I’m glad it might grow on you, because I think [name]Leona[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] is so cute, and [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Leona[/name] have similar vowel sounds and L-heaviness, that, though slightly matchy, sounds playful and feminine. [name]Both[/name] names convey and image of a spunky, curious little girl with bright eyes and rosy cheeks! :slight_smile:

I like the idea of picking a name with a connection to your honeymoon. Though a lot of your choices seem like a bit of a stretch to me.

I far prefer [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name] to [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Mara[/name].

I think the only name that’s not a stretch would be Morada, assuming [name]Isla[/name] Morada is the actual Key you honeymooned on. So, maybe [name]Brynn[/name] Morada could work, though they have totally different feels to me. I like [name]Caroline[/name], but unless its the street your hotel was on or a special cafe was on, it seems a little random.

Personally, I wouldn’t force things or stretch things to try and get meaning out of it. The most meaningful names are the ones you just simply gravitate to.