Maralie - what do you think?

[name]Just[/name] love this name for a girl. pn Ma-rah-lee. [name]Love[/name] the nn’s [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Marie[/name]. What do you think?

I think the sound is sweet but I prefer the [name]Marilee[/name] spelling.

I like [name]Mara[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. [name]EDIT[/name]: Oh, yes, [name]Marilee[/name], that looks right. (end [name]EDIT[/name]). Can’t say I’ve ever seen it written down like Maralie. [name]Marilyn[/name] is ok too, I don’t know why people are still shy of using it. Maralie sounds pretty, but I have to say the first thing I think of is “[name]Merrily[/name], merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.” I guess that means it sounds happy, so it’s not a terrible association, but it could also be one of those things that as an adult, Maralie will meet someone who thinks they’re being clever, and say sarcastically: “No, I’ve never heard that before.” Thousands of times.

I knew a [name]Merilee[/name] back in school who hated her name for the various “merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream” or “merrily we roll along” jokes. That could have just been her, though. She was pretty dark to begin with, so she didn’t take well to people randomly bursting into song upon being introduced to her.

A somber person named [name]Merilee[/name]? [name]Ouch[/name]. That reminds me of the goth teen named [name]Alba[/name] (she posed for a photo with [name]Obama[/name] a while ago…). :slight_smile:

When I was little, I named my stuffed cat Maralie. Except I spelled it Marelie. I had no idea that others liked it too. [name]How[/name] interesting!