Marcella is here! :)

As a former moderator of this site, I’m finally back again after four years to announce the birth of my daughter, Marcella Jane Rose. A little sister for Gilbert John Joseph.

Marcie took 22 months, a failed round of IVF and three miscarriages to conceive and it was quite a nervy pregnancy until she arrived on the 17th of May. Her labour was even longer than her brother’s at 47 hours but when she eventually decided to come out it was all over in a rushed ten minutes :sweat_smile:

All of the pain and waiting was worth it. She is perfection and completes our little family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit to add::

I forgot to talk about her names! :joy:

Marcella is from my family tree. It was the name of one of my Nanna’s aunts. We love that, just like Gilbert, it’s a name you’ve probably heard of but you’ve never met one. That was definitely the sweet spot for us when it came to choosing names. We also love how international it is. Again, like Gilbert, it works in multiple languages which is always fun when we go on holiday :blush:

Jane was my husband’s mother’s name. I was so, so happy that Marcie was a girl so we could include it. My husband’s dad isn’t one to show emotion but he cried when he found out we’d included Jane’s name 🩷

Rose is my middle name and the name of my Nanna, her mum, (*), her great grandma, her great great grandma etc. Marcie is, I think, the seventh Rose in the chain.

*Nanna’s grandma was called Eliza Doolittle. Yes, really :joy:

54 Likes

Congrats on your little miracle!

Her name is beautiful & a perfect match to her big brothers.
Wish you all the best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Aww, [name_f]Marcie[/name_f] the [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations to you and your family, I hope you are doing well! What a beautiful name she has. :heartpulse:

What a stunning name. [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] is vastly underrated— it’s so lovely to see it used!!

Hugest congratulations and best wishes to your family :yellow_heart:

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name! Congratulations to you!!

Congratulations! Your daughter has a gorgeous name.

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name, sorry to hear about your miscarriages

Congratulations warrior mama on the birth of your baby girl :two_hearts:

Wishing you all the best with your new addition.

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is delightful, especially with big brother’s name! Many congratulations :cupid:

Congratulations! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name!

[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] and [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] are both so underrated, I love them.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names and family significance! Congratulations on such a beautiful outcome to your fertility journey :rose:

Congratulations! :heart::ribbon:

Thanks everyone :smiley: She is delicious.

Congratulations!!! [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] is a gorgeous name!

Congratulations!! What an absolutely perfect name. And well done to you on such a triumphant little blessing. Wishing you all the very best!

Congratulations!! Haven’t seen you in a while and what a lovely surprise it is to see this announcement. [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is such a pretty choice, and sounds perfect next to [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] too. :heart: