Marcella?

Thoughts on this name? I have a colleague with this name and started thinking about it.
Pronounced [name_f]Mar[/name_f]-sell-uh

I really like [name_f]Marcella[/name_f]. I went to school with a girl with this name and she’s the only one I’ve ever met. [name_f]Marcy[/name_f] and [name_u]Mars[/name_u] are cute nicknames. :blush:

1 Like

I feel the same. Pretty but not for me.

I really like this name, it sounds so solid yet spicy :slight_smile:

Marcella is elegant and lovely

1 Like

Love [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] with the nn “[name_f]Marcy[/name_f]” it adorable!

1 Like

I always hesitate on whether to say mar-sell-uh or mar-chell-uh, but other than that I think it’s such a gorgeous name.

1 Like

I actually prefer [name_f]Marcelina[/name_f] here, which is odd because I typically go for the simpler versions of names. I just think it sounds fresher. Something about [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] gives me a dated vibe.

Such a pretty name. [name_m]Worth[/name_m] keeping in mine that [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] cane be pronounced [name_f]Mar[/name_f]-sell-a or [name_f]Mar[/name_f]-chell-a, and opposed to [name_f]Marcelina[/name_f]/Marcelina which exclusively use the soft C sound.

I like it but I prefer the mar-chell-uh pronunciation.

My cousin’s middle name is [name_f]Marcella[/name_f], and I’ve always thought it was so beautiful! Great sound and meaning, and I love nn [name_u]Mars[/name_u]!!

Insanely gorgeous! I definitely much prefer the mar-sell-uh pronunciation to mar-chell-uh.